Feb Meeting

Why aren't the monthly meetings held online? From what I'm hearing, only a fraction of the people in the club actually participate in the meetings, with the most common complaint being location and/or scheduling. I bet if we held a chatroom session or a conference call, attendance would go up quite a bit. Almost every meeting I go to at work has a call-in number for people who might be across town and can't physically be there.

Now with respect to the fees and bylaws, we charge $20 no matter what month you sign up, so why isn't the effective date always Jan 1st or Jul 1st?

I agree with a lot of what Adrian said, but I signed up because I wanted to be considered a part of community here instead of a transient user, because like he said everyone here is more apt to help a club member than someone who isn't. I don't share his opinion that this is a bad thing though; I see it as an incentive to bring more people off the sidelines and into the community, to be active participants instead of just lurking in the forums.

As a community, online has no real value from a community aspect. It is a good supplement, but that is all it is. Great for written informations and organization. It works for online gaming, but we are social animals and in the same area...I like seeing folks face to face..it's more personal, personable, and fun!

As a community, online has no real value from a community aspect. It is a good supplement, but that is all it is. Great for written informations and organization. It works for online gaming, but we are social animals and in the same area...I like seeing folks face to face..it's more personal, personable, and fun!

Well of course I agree with you there, but the way you're saying that makes me think maybe I didn't explain it right. :lmao:

I'm not suggesting getting rid of the face to face meetings. I just figured there might be a computer in the room with Internet access that could be used to join the face to face group with people who couldn't make it but who want to participate in discussions, vote on BOD, or whatever other business the club conducts that members have a say in. Maybe we could do absentee ballots on issues where a vote is required? Maybe this is a terrible idea, I'm just asking because it makes sense to me.

Well of course I agree with you there, but the way you're saying that makes me think maybe I didn't explain it right. :lmao:

I'm not suggesting getting rid of the face to face meetings. I just figured there might be a computer in the room with Internet access that could be used to join the face to face group with people who couldn't make it but who want to participate in discussions, vote on BOD, or whatever other business the club conducts that members have a say in. Maybe we could do absentee ballots on issues where a vote is required? Maybe this is a terrible idea, I'm just asking because it makes sense to me.

Ooooh now I get ya :) You mean a VC link of some type...or a webex hehe..well, maybe perhaps in the future :)

Maybe we could do absentee ballots on issues where a vote is required? Maybe this is a terrible idea, I'm just asking because it makes sense to me.

That is a great idea and was said it was going to take place. We always have had absentee ballots on elections and that and changes to the bylaws, thats what we vote on.

Hey, I will be there, and my wife is thinking about coming:) I am not sure that she is sold on the idea of sitting around while I geek out and talk reef.

My wife will be there, and she will gab away I am sure..:) Although my wife loves this hobby so I am very very very lucky.

Lucky

Lucky

My wife will be there, and she will gab away I am sure..:) Although my wife loves this hobby so I am very very very lucky.

You bet your lucky, Not only does she like the hobby but you married up also so you should be very thankful:hmm3: There goes that warped sense of humor of mine again:)
Bill:celeb1:

WOW!!!!!! Thanks for the compliment Bill! But I feel very lucky to have a man that loves me just the way I am GABBY!!!! I know I get a little carried away! :) :) :)

I will be coming and bringing my renewal form with me and GOOD NEWS!! My sister and her husband will be bringing their form and joining!!!

Back