February Meeting

mistaflicksta

I talked to Charlie today and he said he would love to host the next meeting. He is gonna look at his calender to see which Sunday would be best for him. I will update as soon as I get that date for the meeting.

Erik

Hey guys sorry I have been very bussy this week, I finally have some time of today and I will be talking to Charlie today to see if he can still host the meeting at the end of this month.

Erik

I just talked to Charlie. He told me that Sunday February 27th would be best for him. he opens his store @ Noon. Is everybody ok with having the meeting on that date? If so would noon be a good time to have the meeting?

Let me know what you guys think.

Erik

Does any one have a subject they would like to discuss at the meeting or a demo they would like to share? The meeting date, time and location is posted on the stars website. The meetings will always be posted there as soon as the date, time and location is determined. I know most all of us will see the meeting details here but I hope the website will help to bring in new people. I do have some cards to put in the stores now and will be bringing them to the meeting. I hope that the people that get the cards will visit the website listed on the card and then join us both here and at the meetings.
:wave:.

Last edited:
Does any one have a subject they would like to discuss at the meeting or a demo they would like to share?:wave:.

Lets frag something. I have a purple leather that we can frag. Or we can all pitch in and buy one of charlies corals and frag that. Just my opinion.

Erik

I think I will make it to the meeting. Found out one of my doc appointments changed! Yeah!!!!

Maybe a topic that can be discussed and is an easy demo to do is how to do a proper water change. To many people new and old still do not know how to execute a proper water change. This can cause massive fluctuations in your system. Also, maybe if Arnie is listening, he can bring his bandsaw to frag some corals?

hey guys we need to bring some drinks and atleast some chips and dip for the meeting. I got a small cooler and I could bring some sodas. Who else would be willing to bring something to the meeting?

Erik

I'll bring a couple of appetizer trays from Costco. Are we doing a frag swap so I can prepare some of my corals.

Ok I just got back from talking to Charlie. he told me he would be renting a jumping balloon and chairs, so bring the kiddos. I also threw around the idea of doing a fragging demonstration and he loved the idea.

Its just up to th club if we want to do a fragging demonstration.

(if we decide on the idea) I have a dremmel, scaple,towels, and some containers. I also have a good size leather we can frag. Charlie also has some coral that we can use for demonstration purposes. If any of you have other fragging materials, please feel free to bring them.

Erik

Hans, if you would like to give a talk and or demo on water changes that would be great. I think we could all learn from it.

We can always do anything any of you want to do and here is the place to hash it all out and make it happen.

So we can plan on having Hans instruct all of us on proper water change techniques? With Q&A to follow?

We will also frag a coral or two? If anyone has fragging tools they like to use or would like to share for this project please bring them along.

If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas please throw them out there. I think this will make for a good meeting and give us plenty to do for a while.

One thing I would like to see is a little later starting time. In the beginning 2 to 3 pm was always a good time and would allow people to still make it after church. I think we always had better attendance a little later in the day rather than noon. If the store opens at noon it would allow them to be up and running before we swamped them. These are just my thoughts on the time, input please.

This meeting like all meetings should be about having fun and that is the number one thing. We can call a quick official meeting get that out of the way then begin to have the presentation and frag the corals. I think we are all open to trading frags anytime. Again it's all about having fun, and trading frags is always fun.

Don't forget to bring your $3.00 for a tank raffle ticket. Well you can always bring more but at least one ticket would be good.

:wave:

Back