feeding 10 tangs

geaux xman

my buddy's 280g tank.

4 vlamingii, 2 yellows, 1 purple, 1 blue, 1 blonde naso, 1 sailfin.

not to start a debate, but the guy does not QT and has no visible ich. he uses a 40w UV, two skimmers, 3x400w MH, and a few reactors.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H1rJPZ8uTDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Crazy. Rolling the dice. Not to mention Vlamingi will reach about 2 foot in length so I guess he does not read much.

not to start a debate, but the guy does not QT and has no visible ich. he uses a 40w UV, two skimmers, 3x400w MH, and a few reactors.

Not trying to debate either (just share experience), but it's just like snorvich said "rolling the dice". When I first started out I never QT'd, I never saw the point. Then reality hit hard. I made an addition and it wiped out almost my entire tank.

Now I QT additions (at the very least for observation). The way I see it, if I can't QT in some fashion, I'd rather pass on a new fish and keep what I have, rather than risk losing it all. To each his own though.

Nice looking tank. Just alot of fish that get too large for that setup. About quarantining ....why risk all his other fish at this point its kind of a no brainer. Like others have posted

Trade my Vlamingi 7-8'' as he was too much of a pig. My other 4 tangs had trouble getting nori even w/ 2 different clips at the same time. ---in a 500g tank

Back