Feeding SPS

mlang

Are you guys feeding your SPS's? If so, what do you feed? ... and, do you pick it up locally (where?) or do you have to get it shipped? I'm not feeding anything other than fish food right now, but, I thought I might try one of the various coral foods out there to see if it improves color.

Reef Nutrition has some good products to feed. Oyster-feast, Phyto-feast. Roti-feast etc etc... the names speak for themselves.. I use them :)

Yeah Reef Nutrition is the way to go! I especially like the Oyster Feast- its a great way to get good PE on everything. Picture Perfect is still carrying RN products.. amazingly.. Be sure to check expiration dates because they don't pay attention to such details. Picking it up right when they get the order is the way to go. Stores in the Bay go through their stuff way more, so you can typically find fresher stuff up there.

I want to try Rod's food, but its so damn pricy! Maybe we can do a group buy and get a bigger package and break it down.. (I'm guessing it will be cheaper this way). Neptunes (in Milpitas) carries both and their store is worth the visit!

i feed mine once a week after water changes.. 1/2 teaspoon of a mix of the Oyster-feast and Phyto-feast

Back