Finally! 34g cube!

I agree with cmullin66 your live rock has a lot of good life and the coraline in the second pic with the zoas looks healthy it has the white growth ring around it

I agree with cmullin66 your live rock has a lot of good life and the coraline in the second pic with the zoas looks healthy it has the white growth ring around it

Thanks. I only just noticed this little guy after uploading the pics. Looks like Acetabularia sp. (mermaid's wine glass) algae! I also have a good amount of sponges and tunicates around. The heavy duty coralline spreading from the other zoa picture came from rogergolf66. For a while it was threatening to overgrow and smother those zoas!

So it seems that it was just the sump that caused the issues? Did you run anything else to help turn it around?

Tank looks great - giving me ideas for the Solana I am about to set up

So it seems that it was just the sump that caused the issues? Did you run anything else to help turn it around?

Tank looks great - giving me ideas for the Solana I am about to set up

Yep, just the sump replacement and everything turned around.

I've read before that plastic can leach things, but I've never seen it so well documented before. Fantastic photo work.

It does make me wonder about using brute trash cans for water storage though. Only because of that weird odor when you first take off the lid. Everyone uses them though and I've never read or heard anything definite.

Glad things are turning around for you. Nothing more frustrating than an undiagnosed problem. GL

Kevin

Back