Finally finished my stalactite, looks really cool.

Good concept and I can somewhat understand what your going for but it does not look natural where all the rocks attach to one another. With all the time and effort you put in I would try and blend in the rocks more so it all looks like 1 rock. You have to many flat pieces attached to flat pieces. This is how I look at it, if you can look at your rock work and count all the diffrent rocks 1 by 1 it's not a natural flow of rock, Now if it's all blended in together and you can't decipher where one rock starts and ends you have now made a great looking aquascape. Not trying to bust your balls just tring to help since you worked so hard on this project.

Good concept and I can somewhat understand what your going for but it does not look natural where all the rocks attach to one another. With all the time and effort you put in I would try and blend in the rocks more so it all looks like 1 rock. You have to many flat pieces attached to flat pieces. This is how I look at it, if you can look at your rock work and count all the diffrent rocks 1 by 1 it's not a natural flow of rock, Now if it's all blended in together and you can't decipher where one rock starts and ends you have now made a great looking aquascape. Not trying to bust your balls just tring to help since you worked so hard on this project.

Natural hey, you haven't travel far enough, my friend, their stuff in nature that are so not natural looking, , rocks that are sculped that looks like bridges we make today, and salt rock formation that are geodesic and stalacmites wall comming out on an angle impossible to immagine how they are formed no you haven't traveled enough sorry. a pile of dull rock like you have in your tank is not what i want. The shade i provide with the arm extension is perfect for my NPS corals i'll be able to put in the tank , that was the reason for it to stick them on the underside of the flat rock, like they are in nature. very much like in nature. sorry to burst your bubble, lol peace man.

Here's some example of my trips some are from the net.

06CarstenPeterSpeleoresearchandfilms.jpg

262541xcitefun-giant-crystals-3.jpg

NaicaCrystalCave.png

falls_in_unique_rock_formation_in_icel.jpg

red-rock-formation-alan-toepfer.jpg

cristal-cave.jpg

MG_6576.jpg

fantastic-rock-formation-on-a-beach-320330.jpg

basalt-columns-915567.jpg

BasaltColumnsatSvartifossClose-upIceland3C.jpg

Last edited:
It seems to me that once the rocks are covered in coralline, they will appear to be one piece of rock. I think it will look quite nice.

I just skipped along some of those videos on my cell in traffic, very well done. I love the pad you put in for pods

It seems to me that once the rocks are covered in coralline, they will appear to be one piece of rock. I think it will look quite nice.

Thanks yes plus bare rock like this is also very attractive i find. Being a desert creature myself lol. Loving it i should say, I live in Canada lol. Bare rock formation you find sometimes are so wonderfull why cover it up . but the two tonga branches will be covered totally one with GSP and the other with Zoos so keeping the shape of the branch intact , fitting like aglove sort of speak. Thanks for your interest guys.

I just skipped along some of those videos on my cell in traffic, very well done. I love the pad you put in for pods

Thanks guys hope you didn't mind the unexperience video maker lol. Yes the corregated plastic sheet has the perfect size holes for their eggs and they're protected from fish so its like a small farm. provided you leave some plankton and don't let your skimmer going 7/7 . I leave one day ang anothe night in the week free of skimming that's when i doze everything , otherwise its being sucked up by the skimmer and the corals and other inhabitants get very little.That also reduce my need to add stuff to feed as well.

Yes those are natural geological structures but none of them are something you would see on a reef. I do think the stalactite will look good. I applaud the effort of those who build 3D backgrounds for their tanks but I have never seen one that I wanted to call my own. What is your plan for the tonga branch structures over there? I've never like them either but to each their own. I'm sure this tank will look great when it's full of fish and corals.

Yes those are natural geological structures but none of them are something you would see on a reef. I do think the stalactite will look good. I applaud the effort of those who build 3D backgrounds for their tanks but I have never seen one that I wanted to call my own. What is your plan for the tonga branch structures over there? I've never like them either but to each their own. I'm sure this tank will look great when it's full of fish and corals.

Read the thread you'll know my plan for the tonga branch i talk about them.

Natural formation

Natural formation

Many ask me why did i do or where did i get the idea for a stalactite in the fist place. The more cynical just say stalactite don't exist in the water.

i got the inspiration from these;

Oceanstalactite1.jpg

blue-hole-inside.jpg

Oceanstalactite3.jpg

stalagtitesinoceans.jpg

I think mine is pretty acurate.....

517-1.jpg

And i got the NPS zone from these;

diver-by-side-of-wall.jpg

stock-photo-a-diver-explores-the-mouth-of-a-deep-cave-in-raja-ampat-indonesia-this-area-is-known-for-its-139338905.jpg

cozumel_diver_gorgonian.jpg

gorgoniansincaves.jpg

Natural formation part 2

Natural formation part 2

So i think i've combine the two stalactite and NPS pretty good, from nature's point of view.

727.jpg

519-1.jpg

Oceanstalactite1.jpg

509-1.jpg

507-1.jpg

gorgoniansincaves.jpg

489.jpg

I think it looks really cool. And I very much like the gorgonians you've got in there. Beauties!

Back