finally got tek light t5 need bulb order

ok i know there was a big thread about this but i can't find it and the search feature is disabled. ok i received my tek light t5 6x54W fixture with the combo bulbs included:3 6500k daylight bulbs, 2 11000k aquablue plus, 2 antinic blue plus bulbs. the tek light works as followed, first switch on and 4 middle bulbs come on , second switch on and the 2 end bulbs come on. so which order and which bubls should i put? thanks guys

It would be good to order a few bulbs. I have only had one go bad in 30... but if you do not have a replacement you have to wait... because they will not fire if any one is bad.

The best IMO Front to back is

ab
ab
ge
ab

but since you cant do this ATM, I woudl try

ab
ge
ge
ge
ab

It is nice to have the night/day effect. with the ab on one switch.
I run the ab 10-12 hours a day and the center ones 4-5 hours a day.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6931669#post6931669 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NorthernCF
It would be good to order a few bulbs. I have only had one go bad in 30... but if you do not have a replacement you have to wait... because they will not fire if any one is bad.

The best IMO Front to back is

ab
ab
ge
ab
That is how I have mine

Here is how mine is set up:

Front:

Actinic+
Aquablue Plus
Midday
Aquablue Plus
Midday
Actinic+

Rear

Whatever you decide, when you switch the bulbs around looking for that perfect combination, walk away for at least 15 minutes while the bulbs "warm up". When my lights first come on, the tank looks a bit on the yellow side. After a few minutes it's a really nice crisp white. I tried many different combos with T5s, and have discovered that I really do not like the blue tank look as it makes everything seem dull.

pufferpoison, i'm looking on buying the TEK light 6 54's also but have a question. on the width of the fixture, how big is the space from the end to the opening for the bulbs?

Back