Finally got that out of the way :/

Jmnazari

Hangin' w/ Rome from SWR
So in short, my tank crashed mostly inpart to a nasty GHA outbreak and under-skimming. So, now that I removed my rocks and placed them in a bin and removed what remains of the livestock, I wonder if I should drill the back of my tank? I figure that I hopefully won't have another time to drill it, but I have no idea if it's tempered or not. It's a 46 oceanic bow front. Any thoughts? Thanks! Oh yeah, crashes SUCK soooo bad!!! I figure everybody in their beggining years go through the same thing?

Thanks Brett!! I forgot to mention that I also had about 90~ stray volts ( I don't know how many milli-amps, but it HURT) in the water, which likely killed the GHA and everything else :( I have a titanium ground probe, but I don't have a true ground socket anywhere in my house. I use 2 GFI powerstrips with the gray adapter on the end, plugged into 2 two-pronged sockets. Again, anybody have any ideas? One last thing, I'm looking for a small and cheap RO-DI unit. I really only need a few gallons per day. I'd like to keep doing my macros, so I don't need 0.00000000000% TDS :)

A cheap way of fixing your ground problem if possible is to drive a ground rod and run a wire from that to your grounding probe. They sell the rods at home depot, only thing is they are 8ft long and without a jackhammer its a pain. I used to be a electrician so if you need help running a line I could give you a hand.

sounds like you have a faulty piece of equipment, possibly a power head. I had that same issue and used the process of elimination to find the culprit

okay, so I did an investigation, and it turns out, that each time I take a shower, (the wall in my room shares the shower on the other side) my lightswitch and outlet that I have all my fish stuff connected to, send out stray current! even the screws on the cover plates deliver a nasty shock! I have a friend that is an electrician and owes me a favor :thumbsup: Thanks David! It's very nice of you :fun2:

Lol, yeah!!! 2 or 3 times I took a shower and I got zapped/shocked when I turned the light on while going back into my room. I then took my multi-reader and just started touching everything with it. I bet it doesn't help that 2 tiles in my shower need to be resealed or grouted. Turns out that my tank IS tempered, so no drilling :( I'm thinking of making a large custom HOB refugium.

Its an oceanic bow front? Only the bottom should be tempered.... I drilled the back of my 76 bow

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Back