Finally, its been at least 8 months now, Getting OCTO!

HEYYYYYYYYY Colin and chris...whats happening?
Its been a long time.
Hello all people I have not met...
Well anyone how, Fianlly I'm getting my octo bimaculoides...

Everything is checked out perfect. Water levels perfect. Salt 1.026

bien bien...

Food...
I have a bag of 150 Uncooked raw shrimp
could I jsut use that for the first days or should I ready something live??

Thats , I guess my final question o and

of course how should I acclimate it?

Thank you for al your help in the past,
Take careof your selves,
Devon

Well heck yea!!! Bring on the Octo! It sounds like you're ready to get things going.
As for food, I would try and feed live at first (crayfish) for a few reasons. First, he will probably more apt to eat it than a dead shrimp. Second, if you put the crayfish in there he can hunt it and get it on his own rather than this huge hand coming down at him to give him food. You get the idea.

Get us some pics at some point.
Good Luck!!!
Bill

My bimac won't eat anything other than live hermits. My bag of shrimp in my freezer is going to waste. Too bad I don't like shrimp or I'd eat it.

Good point Alli. I'd go with hermits first too. Octo's can't seem to resist them. Mine ate one within 5 minutes of being in his tank for the first time.

Good point Alli. I'd go with hermits first too. Octo's can't seem to resist them. Mine ate one within 5 minutes of being in his tank for the first time.

Mine won't eat ghost shrimp. I dumped 12 of them in the tank because I was fed up trying to feed them to the octo, and after about two months, they are still in the tank.

On a funny note, the ghost shrimp in my tank like to eat the frozen shrimp I drop in for the octo. If the octo doesn't eat it, my peppermint and ghost shrimp will eat it. Isn't that cannibalism? Ick!

Hey IWant!
Sounds like your ready to get your ceph!
I have seen you become a modle octo owner!
You have been reading for a long time, asking questions, letting your tank age..... Man I am proud of you lol.
To acclimate you can you can do a drip method with air line tubing. This is a very safe way of doing it. I will have to say, most of my acclimations are done very quick with bimacs.I test to see how far ph, temp and salinity are off. If not to far off I slowly add a cup of water to the bag every 5 minutes. If they look like they are doing ok after 2 or 3 cups, I just let them crawl right in.
Where are you going to get your beast from?
chris

Hey Chris! Yep, that' s our boy LOL he is doing it the right way...

Devon, glad to hear you are now ready! Been a long time coming... I have got myself a bimac and a vulgaris now, but i bet you are still hooked on those bimacs too!

See if you can get a hold of fiddler crabs/ shore crabs or similar, they are by far the best stuff to feed an octopus..

goodluck
Colin

OK doky
got all that down...

So..buy some shrimp at afishy store..have them ready..drop em in tank...and toss in mr. octo after acclimation?

OK doky...
This is gonna be fun
haha,
take care,
chris and colin + others.
Devon

Back