Fire Sale: Breaking Down Tank in Clark. Livestock, Rock, Equipment.

GroktheCube

I'm back in school in a very intensive program, and I've realized over this past semester that I really don't have time to keep up the tank (a custom Miracles tank, 48"x 30" peninsula). Over winter break, I'm planning on switching the tank to a simple, easy to care for, freshwater setup.

Photos at bottom of post.

Hardware for sale includes:

Complete external skimmer setup including all plumbing: $520
Skimz SK222 external skimmer
Reef Octopus BP-110 biopellet reactor
$450 without the biopellet reactor.

Lighting setup. Hanging hardware included.:
ATI 8x54w with replacement ballast, the bulbs in it: $350. One of the ballasts needs to be replaced, I have not gotten around to doing it.
Two BuildMyLed 48" "20,000k XHO" strips: $300
$600 for the T5s and the LEDs together.

Two boxes of miscellaneous stuff:
One with some pH standard solutions, a couple refractometers, an apex breakout box, an apex leak detection module, and some other miscellaneous stuff. $40
Miscellaneous fragging supplies. Bone cutters, epoxy, frag plugs, and some other miscellaneous stuff. $40

I'll sell all the hardware together as a complete package for $1,000. That's about 60% off MSRP, which I think is pretty fair.

First come, first served.

Photos. Please excuse all the alage. Like I said, I definitely don't have enough time to do all the maintenance I should!

More Photos in next post.

Last edited:
Multi-colored Favia sold. I will be contacting the LFS to arrange exchange of remaining rocks and rocks for store credit tomorrow if I don’t get any more interest.

Update: I converted the tank to FW, but needed to move in a hurry. There’s no room for the tank at my new apartment, so it and all remaining hardware are for sale for $1750. That includes tank, stand, skin/cabinet (including the doors I haven’t gotten around to staining), sump, all plumbing, backup and main return pumps, skimmer, lighting, apex with two EB8s and temp/pH probes, heaters, ATO, and anything else I forgot. Basically a complete setup sans power heads. Tank is starphire on all three viewing panes, and free of any large scratches.

You’d need either a few strong people and a uhaul or professional movers to get it out, as it weighs about 250lbs empty, and the iron stand isn’t much lighter. I injured my back recently, so I won’t be able to offer any help with the moving.

Back