First One

Misled

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
DSC_5596.jpg

Wow, we arent even close to having flowers here... I just had to plow snow in the driveway last night from a fresh 4 inches.

Nice picture ;)

really? That grew outside? Recty and I won't be seeing anything like that for quite some time! Pretty, makes me look forward to seeing some flowers again :).

There was only one. Maybe two or three today. They are crocuses, the first bulbs to bloom around here.

We're just startin to get our first flowers too! Not gonna get any shots like that until I get my DSLR though.

Lovely. A crocus, no?

Our crocus (croci?) are done. Daffodils have been looking great but are on the back half of their blooms now. Some trees (like magnolia) have already flowered and discarded their blossoms. Some are still in bloom. I've had some mid winter rose blossoms this year too, as it didn't get so cold that the plants went truly dormant.

Croci, crocuses, hey I don't know the answer to that. I just thought, pick one and deal with the fall out!!!! :lol: Our daffodils are only a couple inches and same with the tulips.

Pittsburgh. We live in the Alleghney Valley, right along the river. Some lake areas we went to yesterday were still covered in ice. Those bloom very early spring, and can handle some freezing temps.

Keep in mind most of those are with a 105 macro lens and a full set of extension tubes, which puts the magnifaction over 2:1. The flower in this pic

DSC_6254.jpg

was about a quarter of an inch.

Back