first real shots

addicted2reefin

Finnaly figured out my remote flash setup and captured what i feel to be "Decent" images. Lemme know what you guys think. be harsh, i love criticism :D.
dont mind the coraline and other blemishes to the glass

Gobious

flame angel very hard to get "true to life" colors on this fish, i think i did good capturing the color

scopas

click on the pics for a larger image

i have some good coral shots, taken with slow shutter speeds and high shutter speeds. both are very sharp, but the slower shutter speeds have better colors. the ones taken with flash kinda wash out the colors. ill post when i get time

The flame angel is nice. What's the light blue ridged thing point straight down towards his head?

The scopas shot is way too big, I have to scroll all over the place to view it.

recty - i believe that blue is some sort of reflection. if you look to the left and up a little of the flames head you can see a faint reflection of my white t shirt in the shadows of the rock. also i forgot to resize the shot of the scopas. would look much better at 800x600.
bassplaya- that is my fav fish, and one of my oldest. he has been with me in 3 tanks, and is the oldest inhabitant of this tank, along with my "fuge fish" which my daughter sings happy birthday too. the goby is probably the fish that gets the most camera time.

zx6r - i have a nikon d5000 and for these shots i used the kit lens at between 30 - 55 mm f 8 - f10. using a quantaray gtb7500 flash on a remote optical slave triggered by the cameras stock flash at 1/32 power.

Very nice images. I'd spend a little time in Photoshop (or whatever editing program you use) to clean up some of the specs in your photos. Also, since you're using flash, I think you can go with a lower ISO. I can't see the ISO on the second two pictures, but it looks like you shot the first at 1000. Letting the flash do a little more of the work will also help darken the background, which can really isolate your subject. Of course, the less ambient light you allow, the more you may want to consider using a main flash and one or two for fill so the light isn't too directional.

But once again, I think you did a great job. The goby is my favorite, and the colors on the angel came out quite well.

iso was shot at 200. full tank lighting was on aswell.

i myself am impressed in the colors on the angel. most shots i have taken of him, the angel looks red, and in the shot you can see the full color gradient.
i have some real good poses that my goby gave me awhile ago. sadly the pics didnt come out too sharp, but ill see what i can do inphotoshopto bring em around.

ya n i can see where the clone brush would come in handy from the tank specs. none of these shots seen any sort of post photo editing, other than a nef - jpg conversion on my camera.

Back