(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

External wave boxes finally installed.
photo-20.jpg

photo-21.jpg

When are you guys planning to install drywall?

Homie, drywall is not my concern bro :). We are planning on cutting the ceiling to mount the pendants. Hope Bart can get it done before the rest of the rock arrive.

Everything pretty much done even the leak test. Can't wait to add water so we can fire up the 4 ext waveboxes.

Tonight accomplishment; got the ceiling cut out for the 3 Sfiligoi exaggerate pendants, it will be 18-20" above the tank for better light spread. We will use Ushio 14K on PFO HQI 400w ballast and 8 Par bulbs around the tank.
photo-22.jpg

photo-23.jpg

Will put some molding around the cut out area.

500+lbs of rock, 45lbs color change DI Resin and 15lbs Carbon being ship today as well from California. The rock originally come from my tank, all have been in bleach bath, air dry and RODI water for a month before put in storage.
photo-24.jpg

Plan for tomorrow evening; paint the wood, put plywood over the top, add water and mix the salt. Will do the rock work on Saturday.

It looks like your return plumbing is 1-1/2 downsized to 1". What is the advantage to running 1-1/2 and downsizing at the tank? Increase pressure? Sorry if it seems like an odd question, I'm getting ready to plumb 362 gallon tank and was tossing around how to do the return.

It looks like your return plumbing is 1-1/2 downsized to 1". What is the advantage to running 1-1/2 and downsizing at the tank? Increase pressure? Sorry if it seems like an odd question, I'm getting ready to plumb 362 gallon tank and was tossing around how to do the return.

Not a problem, the plumbing from the pump is 1.5", the chamber is 2" and reduced to 1" at the tank. I try to minimize the back pressure as much as possible. As you notice i don't use much 90's in my plumbing.

The reason i have to downsized at the tank because it was pre drilled and i have 12 of them to deal with :)

So the tank is filled and the salt has been mixed and now he wants to add two more bins each measures 48x48x24 they will be his look down tank. One will fill with softies and the other will be SPS (Not like he doesn't have a 600g tank to put the corals in but hey if the man wants to have more water. Why not?
photo-25.jpg

Skimmer running on 4 pumps
photo-27.jpg

Side shot
photo-26.jpg

This rock is HEAVY
photo-28.jpg

FTS
photo-29.jpg

Back