first time using rodi

shecter

So I'm finally firing up my rodi. Its a 5 stage plus. So I know I'm supposed to run it for 10 mins before using the water to flush the system. I'm just wondering if I'm supposed to do the flush thing with the membrane? Or just run it after the 10 mintues is done and the tds is 0. And the extra di cartrage goes last right? Then the water is done?

Run it with the membrane, however take out the DI cartridge during the flush. The junk on the membrane could shorten (a little) the life of the DI cartridge.

I've never done the preflush, I just run it. I bought the unit with relatively new (but used membranes) and then ran it probably once a week for two-three hours. Always had small tanks (55g, 30g, etc) and just used it for WC's / Topoff. My In-line TDS meter still reads zero. It's been about a year now. If you don't use it too often those membranes will last you forever! I know guys with bigger tanks that go through them twice a year though.

Also, after a few weeks of using RO/DI for topoff and wc's you will definitely notice the difference. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Its my understanding that you should flush with a new membrane, and like seagull said take out the DI cartridge.

I need to check mine but I'm sure it's up there because when u turn the to on all the lines jump real quick and I get good pressure everywhere else in my house just never checked it anyone know what Enfeild city water comes into the house at? Can I call and find out? We're can you buy a gauge and what kind would I need?

Ron - Mine comes in around 62-65 psi. you should be fine I wouldn't worry about the pressure

I'm going to need a booster pump. Its only between 35 and 40. Max. Think it would be higher somerwhere else in the house? Right where it comes in from the well maybe?

Back