Fish Food

obarrera

What are the best(healthiest) foods for fish?

I have a royal gramma, a percula, and 2 damsels, I know they don't need special food, but I want to buy what is best for them.

Maybe you guys can tell me what frozen foods would be good to buy?

Formula 1 and Formula 2 by ocean nutrition are good, I prefer Hikari Mysis shrimp. All those 3 are very healthy for your fish. I like hikari mysis the best because its small and comes off the cube easily and is perfect for small fish. The ocean nutrition cubes you have to cut up, but you could also get formula 1 and/or 2 in pellet or flake form.

I also like forumla 1 and 2, although i think my fish prefer formula 1. So I do two 1 feedings to every 2. I also use frozen brine shrimp. Also, live brine shrimp is good. You might also want to consider additives. I use Selcon, garlic and vitamin C.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6511266#post6511266 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kjmst29
I also like forumla 1 and 2, although i think my fish prefer formula 1. So I do two 1 feedings to every 2. I also use frozen brine shrimp. Also, live brine shrimp is good. You might also want to consider additives. I use Selcon, garlic and vitamin C.

Brine shrimp isn't healthy just to let you know.
The fish might go crazy but it isn't really good for them.

Thanks for the responses(both of you).

Regarding brine, unless it is very newly hatched, it has very little to no nutritional value in it. The fish are basically just eating shells.

As well as the foods already mentioned, New Life Spectrum Thera + A pellets are fantastic. It's not frozen, but it's a great food. Cyclop-eeze is nice too.

Back