Flatworm?

skip2142

I'm noticing some critters on my rock that resemble what I believe to be flatworms. Now, I have the standard (hopefully) clearish white ones, but these new ones are like dark gray with some white specks on them. I have a great pic on my camera, but my computer has stopped recognizing my camera (go figure). The white guys tend to stay on the glass, while the others seem to never come off my rocks. I guess I'm trying to make sure that these guys aren't going to wipe my tank out.

Re: Flatworm?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14776961#post14776961 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by skip2142
I'm noticing some critters on my rock that resemble what I believe to be flatworms. Now, I have the standard (hopefully) clearish white ones, but these new ones are like dark gray with some white specks on them. I have a great pic on my camera, but my computer has stopped recognizing my camera (go figure). The white guys tend to stay on the glass, while the others seem to never come off my rocks. I guess I'm trying to make sure that these guys aren't going to wipe my tank out.

check your camera to make sure you are not taking pics in raw form. Re set it to jpeg
Really need to see the pictures you took to comment.

I've tried everything. Every time I hook up the camera, it says 'cannot detect camera, check connection and try again'. I'm not shooting in raw mode either.

Have you tried reinstalling the software that came with the camera. Sometimes it gets corrupt or something and needs to be reinstalled.

Ok, search online for the latest drivers for your camera model and I'll bet that will fix your prob.

Umm...I don't exactly know what I'm doing when it comes to that type of stuff :p

I have a Canon Powershot G7.

Actually it appears that I was. XP doesn't have any driver updates, so it seems that's not the problem.

Thats really interesting coloration, I havent seen any like that while researching the ones I have. Looks like the shape of a FW though.

Might help if you snap another shot or 2, are there many together in any one place?

can't really tell much from that picture. can you get one that is a little sharper? does it look like this?

image023.jpg

There is no half shell, and that picture is not it. It's definitely the shape of flatworm and moves just like one. I could get a better pic if I didn't have to take that picture with my brothers crappy camera.

Oh and they don't necessarily group together, but I do see them on the rocks near each other.

Back