Float Valve in DI water Station Pics

dogstar74

Premium Member
I was asked to provide pics of my float valve setup in my 25 gallon DI water station barrel. Here you go.
Here's what my system looks like.
IMG_1359.jpg

It has two Ace Roto mold 25 gallon jugs. They come with a cap that has a spring loaded pressure cap, so that when the jugs get pressurized, they can be safely de-pressurized by pushing a small plastic plunger in the cap. This way the cap doesn't come flying off at you while you unscrew it.
You need to punch out the plastic plunger with a screw driver to get the metal spring out, and to pass the RO/DI tubing through the cap.
IMG_2091Medium.jpg

A 3/4 inch threaded male coupler will screw into the remaining pressure valve housing with only a little resistance, but enough to hold it securely.
IMG_2095Medium.jpg

All the pieces together include:
3/4" male threaded coupler
3/4" piece of pipe length determined by how deep you want the float valve
3/4 x 3/4 x 3/4" SxSxS tee
3/4" Slip x 1/2" threaded reducing coupler
Float valve for RO/DI tubing
IMG_2092Medium.jpg

The blue tube comes down from the top, passes through the down pipe and makes a 90 degree turn in the Tee to meet up with the base of the float valve which has been mounted to the 1/2 reducer and placed snuggly into the tee. I didn't use any glue on this project. The pieces fit tightly, and they are under no pressure.
IMG_2098Medium.jpg

Hope this helps someone out there.
Cheers,
Aaron

Thanks for posting, that's a great idea I'm going to give it a try. I was trying to figure out a way to not drill a hole in the tank and this looks like the solution.

Back