Florida Frag Swap Feb. 7th @ MOSI Tampa

Do you have to be a paid member? I still havent gotten around to doing that but will do it asap.

We would be happy if your would become a member but to win this no you don't have to be a member. The goal is to attract new members by letting other local reefer to learn about us, and to help support our participating sponsors at the same time.

Roger

Man I would love to go I havnt been to mosi in a long time. Plus $5 USF admission! Gonna have to miss it, will be in Colorado :(

Post it up guys, what did you pick up today? My kids had sports all day today, so couldn't make it down.

Ill pos some pics later but got neon green torch with 10 heads. Neon octospawn green star polyps dragons breath macro algae. All stuff for the 200 gallon at work.

I just got back. I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting a larger exhibition and more variety. Most of the vendors prices were to high. I was still able to get an Octospawn, a Chalice and a yellow hammer, but I was expecting some better deals.

Either way, I'll post some pictures later or tomorrow.

Yeah prices were really up there you think they would give us a deal not charge us more than WWC prices. I did end up getting a Strawberry Short Cake which I think was a good deal but probably not.

I seen the high prices coming. I also noticed alot of the vendors posting pics of all their zoanthids. I just stayed home, the one coral i want probably wasnt even there anyways lol

I picked up this strawberry shortcake for 40.00 from Jason fox, also got a yellow highlighter for free so it balanced out assuming they both survive.
IMG_20150207_161112535.jpg

I might go to macna if it ever comes back, but there's too many great shops and people to justify paying triple price for frags. I spent like $60 at FAOIS and got five nice sticks including blueberry nasuto, which would be At least $60 at one of those shows ;)

Well,
I was sooo close to being " the guy " who bought the $800 rainbow torch. That was jaw dropping.

So i settled for a tricolored frogspawn ive never seen before. And a unique aussie torch.

Well,
I was sooo close to being " the guy " who bought the $800 rainbow torch. That was jaw dropping.

So i settled for a tricolored frogspawn ive never seen before. And a unique aussie torch.

Hey man,

Can you share a pic of it? I think I saw this one there, but there were too many people in the way and couldn't see it well.

Florida Frag Swap Feb. 7th @ MOSI Tampa

I was thinking a little high priced. Got a couple things but only cause of the "cost of admission " (time and such).

Picked up a nice frag of JF Jack O' Lantern but that's it. That rainbow torch was insane though, but not enough to justify that price imo.

Picked up a handful of zoas and a new frag rack, feel good about my purchases haha...they always get me on the "buy 3 get 1 free" deals.

I might go to macna if it ever comes back, but there's too many great shops and people to justify paying triple price for frags. I spent like $60 at FAOIS and got five nice sticks including blueberry nasuto, which would be At least $60 at one of those shows ;)

Maybe local shops should have some great sales when those events come around. Lol but maybe thats not a nice way to play.

Picked up a pair of female solar wrasses at a pretty nice price today at the FAOIS sale. Plus they had colonies of strawberry shortcake for like 200 bucks

I don't know if people know but I picked up a microscope to really check over coral before adding to the tank. I did this about 6 months ago. I had 2 corals that had problems.... Red bugs and flat Flores from same vendor. I won't out the vender but I will say if u bought anything from a guy and a girl that packaged the corals in a round little container with a lid and put them in a brown paper bag. make sure u r careful with your purchases.

Well I picked up 2 new jason fox corals. They were clean from pests!!!

Back