Florida Frag Swap Feb. 7th @ MOSI Tampa

I grabbed a shortcake colony, a sarmentosa colony, blue tenius mini colony and candlestick acro frag.

Lots of softies and LPS.....SPS was limited.

I grabbed a shortcake colony, a sarmentosa colony, blue tenius mini colony and candlestick acro frag.

Lots of softies and LPS.....SPS was limited.

Yes, I agree there wasn't a lot of SPS. I can say there was one stand loaded with exotics. I cant remember the name. I grabbed their card, they said they were near Orlando.

Anyways, I grabbed a strawberry shortcake for $30, Pacman ($50 raffle prize), miami hurricane ($25 raffle prize)

I won about 5 raffle prizes total.

Nice museum, my daughter had a blast. Good family day..

Prices were high on some pieces and WAY lower than local on others. I got some zoas I was looking for for $15 less per polyp than is sold here. There were some amazing rainbow pieces. That rainbow torch and a rainbow goniopora for $400

I was wondering if anyone took a chance on the guys whose display was freezing cold so they were selling colonies for $45. Everything was closed up and looking bad so I didn't pull the trigger.

Lot of tanks turning white by the end of the day but I still made out with a sweet hot pink bta and a little frag of jedi mind trick. Worth the trip but I expected high prices from the start as well.

I thought the prices seemed very reasonable. Some cheaper then local.. some not.
You do have to take in consideration....time, gas,, mix/water over night stay for all these vendors... I thanked many of them for participation.

Lot of tanks turning white by the end of the day but I still made out with a sweet hot pink bta and a little frag of jedi mind trick. Worth the trip but I expected high prices from the start as well.

Yea, I used the packet of coralrx that they gave out in the yellow bags, I will be surprised if 1/2 the corals survive.

I don't know if people know but I picked up a microscope to really check over coral before adding to the tank. I did this about 6 months ago. I had 2 corals that had problems.... Red bugs and flat Flores from same vendor. I won't out the vender but I will say if u bought anything from a guy and a girl that packaged the corals in a round little container with a lid and put them in a brown paper bag. make sure u r careful with your purchases.

Well I picked up 2 new jason fox corals. They were clean from pests!!!

I don't know which vendor you are talking about as I didn't get anything from a vendor that used a paper bag luckily. I was however purchasing some corals from a vendor when my buddy I was with noticed flatworms and brought it to my attention to make sure I dipped well. The Coralrx that came in the yellow bags came in handy for this purpose, dipped everything I got and rinsed twice and so far I see not baddies.

I did pick up quite a few corals though. Got a nice 2 head frogspawn from Drysdale, a single head of orange hammer from Reefers Direct, an awesome acan frag from Elite, a couple acan frags from iFragit, 4 rics from a vendor I can't remember, and 3 St. Thomas mushrooms and 1 7in plate from Aquariums of Miami. I don't know how but my brother was talking to the girl at AofM and somehow got that 7in plate for free right near the end of the day, I was looking at the tanks at the next vendors table when I hear him saying he got a free coral and when I saw her bagging it up my jaw hit the floor.

I usually walk through and find what I want and most vendors are more than willing to make deals... From my experience the last day of events toward closing is when they want to liquidate.

I don't know if people know but I picked up a microscope to really check over coral before adding to the tank. I did this about 6 months ago. I had 2 corals that had problems.... Red bugs and flat Flores from same vendor. I won't out the vender but I will say if u bought anything from a guy and a girl that packaged the corals in a round little container with a lid and put them in a brown paper bag. make sure u r careful with your purchases.

Well I picked up 2 new jason fox corals. They were clean from pests!!!

Now I know where I got the red bugs from. Thanks for the heads up. Happened at reefapaloza right. Now I guess I need to look for flat flores. "What ever those are" It was my fault for not dipping them so I dont blame anyone.

Now I know where I got the red bugs from. Thanks for the heads up. Happened at reefapaloza right. Now I guess I need to look for flat flores. "What ever those are" It was my fault for not dipping them so I dont blame anyone.

Dont know how it ended up flores... Auto correct maybe. Sorry.... flatworms

I don't know which vendor you are talking about as I didn't get anything from a vendor that used a paper bag luckily. I was however purchasing some corals from a vendor when my buddy I was with noticed flatworms and brought it to my attention to make sure I dipped well. The Coralrx that came in the yellow bags came in handy for this purpose, dipped everything I got and rinsed twice and so far I see not baddies.

I did pick up quite a few corals though. Got a nice 2 head frogspawn from Drysdale, a single head of orange hammer from Reefers Direct, an awesome acan frag from Elite, a couple acan frags from iFragit, 4 rics from a vendor I can't remember, and 3 St. Thomas mushrooms and 1 7in plate from Aquariums of Miami. I don't know how but my brother was talking to the girl at AofM and somehow got that 7in plate for free right near the end of the day, I was looking at the tanks at the next vendors table when I hear him saying he got a free coral and when I saw her bagging it up my jaw hit the floor.

I got a 6" plate from Aquariums of Miami for free as well! I couldn't believe he was giving them away.

Back