Flow in 300 DD

ChrisKirkland

Reef and Coral Fanatic
Ok, so I have been trying for weeks to get my flow straightened out in my 300 DD. I have 2 MP40s and 2 WP40s. All of which are mounted on the side walls. I want to find a way to eliminate the direct fast current that is blown on the corals. I have tried many things and I am curious if anyone else has run into this. Ideas?

What height do you have them set to?

What programming is being used?

Is it just left runs at 50 and right runs at 50 thus creating a downflow turblant section right in the center? (or offset if they are not running the same speed)

What height do you have them set to?

What programming is being used?

Is it just left runs at 50 and right runs at 50 thus creating a downflow turblant section right in the center? (or offset if they are not running the same speed)

Good question might be good to include this:

Each pump is 15" or so from the bottom. The WP40s are running on Else mode at S3. The MP40s are running at 75% in Reef Crest mode

Look at my MP40's programming in my 180:

Master: (right side)
VortechProg.png

Slave: (left side)
Vortech2Prog.png

You can see I have it set to different modes throughout the day. The vary in both sync and anti sync too. This is to help provide some different flows. (Times are Eastern, also, incase you look at my webcam to see what it is doing during a particular time of the day.)

Hmmm looks like I need to put my Vortecs on my Apex.

you will love the control

I have 2 MP60's and 1 MP40 controlled by my Apex

The MP 40 is towards the top of the tank for surface agitation and runs at 100% and drops to 70% at night

I have my MP 60's changing speeds all day. they run in anti-sync

Fallback Reefcrest
Set Reefcrest
If Time 09:30 to 11:00 Then Tidal
If Time 11:00 to 12:00 Then Reefcrest
If Time 12:00 to 15:00 Then Lagoon
If Time 15:00 to 18:00 Then Tidal
If Time 18:00 to 20:00 Then Lagoon
If Time 20:00 to 20:30 Then Nutrient
If Time 20:30 to 22:00 Then Lagoon
If Time 22:00 to 03:00 Then MP60-Night - Drops to 40%
If Time 03:00 to 08:00 Then Latenight - Drops to 25%
If Time 08:00 to 09:30 Then Night
If FeedC 000 Then OFF
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

You will love the controllability the Apex can give

Yeah I had to save up for a while and was using two different day/night timers for lights pumps and all sorts of things.

That is a cool feature, Just wish I could spare the money for an Apex.

Will

Love my Apex, I travel a lot and it helps me keep an eye on my tank. I have been wanting a WXM anyways just never got around to getting it.

Check on here, there are lots of good deals on good used apex units.

Back