Fluctuating CSS

AFHokie03

I have a CSS65 and it's been running great for a little over two months that I've had my tank cycling. Now, it seems that it won't keep a proper level in the cup. I leave for half the day or wake up in the morning with the cup full to the brim or overflowing with almost pure water. So, I empty the cup, turn it back on and adjust the bubbles to produce dry foam. It runs just fine for a little bit, maybe even a day, then bam next time I look at it it's full with liquid. The only thing different from before is that I've done a water change, my cycle is over and I have some fish and a few frags. Anyone have this problem and know why it's doing this all of a sudden?

I had the same issue with my css125. Put an airline valve at the end of your intake. Solved all my problems.

Thanks,
I don't use dechlorinator, I use RO water with my salt mix and the only thing I add is Reef Complete Ca and Reef Builder (haven't added any since my problems so not that).

I took apart the skimmer pump, gave it a cleaning and made sure the airline was clear and not packed with saltcreep. Now it is working fine so far, two days down and no problems. Who knows?!

Check to see if there is any buildup in the air inlet for the pump. If this gets clogged with salt creep or Calcium, the water level will remain to high.

Back