Follow and help my 90g RR AGA build!

easye123

Hey yall,
Just thought id get a thread going with my newest project.

I wish I could say i was starting a 200 plus gallon reef but...

Im upgrading my 29g to a 90g RR AGA

Heres a pics of my current tank.. my camera sucks soo sorry for the bad pics

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

I still live with the parentals, so luckily enough I dont have to pay rent and stuff like that.( i know im lucky) Thanx to my bro I have a steady job which pays decent for being 19.soo i have a lot of extra money to waste.
I wanna make this 90g into a sps/lps tank with a couple of tangs/wrasses/ maybe a pair of clowns.

Heres a list of everything I have so far

tank
IMG_2603.jpg

2 seio m1100's with sure grips
IMG_2604.jpg

2 american DJ power sources..
eheim 1262 return pump
IMG_2616.jpg

2x175w MH's w/ 14k hamiltons
and il have 2x54w t5s for more actinics
Also i just finished my 30g long sump

Things to get in the near future while i cycle the tank
Either tunze 9010 or ER rs135 skimmer
custom made canopy
bulbs and reflectors for t5's
then LR and LS

I want this setup to be as quiet as possible.. soo any ideas for that would help
LEarning from my 29g helped soo I want to take this slowly and do everything right the first time and not be like man i wish i did that like 5 months later

I will post lots of pics along the way.. and i hope you advocates out their can help a youngin out as i progresss.

Thanx yall

Evan

I'm about to buy a RR 90g, I'll be watching your thread with great interest. I'd love to see how you work out the plumbing - that's the area that's scaring me ATM. I'm pretty clear on how to DIY a sump, but the PVC aisle at Home Depot is still intimidating :)

yea pvc and plumbing scared me but when people tel you its easy... it really is.. LOWES is better than home depot for plumbing parts..

ya im going to be running a 30g long sump

drain-skimmer > refug> return..( ill post pics soon)

ya i know theres lots of 90g threads but i hope yall will help and follow along with my tank..

my main goals are to make it quiet and look as clean as possible..

the stand is not custom.. i got it from a local refer that is supposedly built by some companny.

im going to get the dremel out and cut wholes on the right side of the stand soo i can flush mount the american dj power sources...

ill keep yall posted

the 55 is a little too big under my 90, actually I have a furnace room next to the tank I am running plumbing into for the sump, so it will be sitting on the floor outside the stand.

gotcha...sounds goo show me some pics if u can

how do you like your phosban reactor? wht kind is it.. is it easy to hook up?

phosban reactor is nice, actually if you are handy you could build a few yourself.

It's just a fancy name for a plastic tube that water goes in thru the bottom and comes out the top and you put media in it like carbon or phosban.

it gets the media more exposure to the water than a typical media bag would.

i will update with pics tonite

i got it all moved up stairs and put the sump in

will start the plumbing and take some pics later

Im currently just debating wether or not my second story can handle that tank

I was esitmating about 1200 lbs ...
The joists below run parralell so thats not good.. and then i though normaaly beams are 16 inches apart but some how in my atic i can see what is below my room where the tank is going and they are pretty far apart ,. at about like 23ish inches or so i couldnt measure.

the house was built in the 80's.
I cant find anyone that can tell me for sure that i will be fine so im still skeptical..

I have everything ready just still waiting..

Further more im looking for LR..

I can get a good deal on Kaleni , but just have regualr fiji in my current tank and i Like it.. any oneh ave any good reccomendations..

i hope to get some pics soon

There are RC members who are engineers. If you can see them, it might be helpful to post a separate thread detailing the joist size (are they 2x10s, 2x12s, single pieces or doubled up etc.), length, spacing and maybe include a little diagram of where the tank will be placed. I'm willing to bet if the tank is on a load-bearing wall it'll be fine.

Back