For my dosing pump members.

jcs11236

Im curious in knowing how u guys dose your 2 part using dosing pumps. Do you dose the tank the daily amount a lil throughout the day or do you dose the total daily amount at a specific time? if dosing total amount at a specific time-how much time do you leave between pumps dosing alk and cal?
i dose 11.25 ml of alk at 3 am and then i dose 11.25 ml of cal at 7 am. is this okay or do you think i should dose the 2 closer together. like 3am and 4 am? does it make a difference? am i crazy? lol couldnt sleep thinking about this.. lol

Last edited:
I've played around with that quite a bit myself, possibly lost some sleep over it too. Lol...
After all (and constantly testing the alk), decided to go with the all day long method. In other words, dosing pump runs all day and all I do is adjust the dosing amount if necessary. Every week or so, I test the alk and raise (and almost never lower) amount being dosed if at all necessary. Ooops, this method can only be achived if you're using a doser with this type of capability.
Here's a pic of the doser I use.
http://reefdosingpumps.com/products/sentry.html

I think your dosing appropriately for your size tank, however if you have a doser I would dose over a 24 hr period. If dosing by hand I'd dose in the AM as this is when most levels are low.

I have bm doser and it's the best thing I have spent $$ on in a while . I'm currently dosing 24ml of cal and 24ml of alk and it doses 24 times in 24 hrs or 1ml an hr (it has, and they dose 5 mins apart. Well worth the money IMHO . And it's the best liberating feeling not dosing ! Lol it really is I don't worry about it anymore, I still test at least twice a week to make sure. Like I said well worth the money

Back