Fragile Creatures

aquadonkey

We all understand how fragile our saltwater pets are concerning environmental conditions, but yesterday I caused a "non-environmental" injury. :(
I went to grab a small piece of algae (during WC) too near my little porcelain crab's anemone and got attacked. It felt sort of like the sensation where you're not sure a bug landed on your arm or not - almost nothing, but she broke off one of her big claws. I feel pretty bad about it. I know they grow back, but still.... it'll take several months to get back to the right size.
Sad really....

Aww that stinks :( When I work in my SPS tank sometimes my female maroon clown will attack me and make me flinch,because of the flinch usually I snap a coral..really gets me steamed,she is so mean lol

Aww that stinks :( When I work in my SPS tank sometimes my female maroon clown will attack me and make me flinch,because of the flinch usually I snap a coral..really gets me steamed,she is so mean lol

Has she drawn blood yet? My Ocellaris does. She has taken numerous flying rides to the floor because she latches onto the thin skin between your fingers. A maroon biting like that would probably hurt.

Has she drawn blood yet? My Ocellaris does. She has taken numerous flying rides to the floor because she latches onto the thin skin between your fingers. A maroon biting like that would probably hurt.

eeek not that bad lol,she had bit me a couple times,but she usually just rams me..It's funny she is not afraid of me at all lol

CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA DERAIIIL!

My black ocellaris female is a B (explative deleted) I cant even put my hand in the other side of my 120, she hunts me down everytime and bites me (no blood) but i flinch every time causing several corals to be fragged. AHHHH she makes me so mad, my fiance laughs at how frustrated i get yelling and swearing at a 3 inch fish! She thinks its funny when it clearly is not.:uzi::fish1:

Lizz, sorry about your crab thats a bummer hope all goes well with the regrowth.

Lizz, Make sure your parameters are good. Hopefully it grows back without problem.

And Dex, let me know if you ever want to trade those fish for a small pair of black O's ;) I need a pair of black O's to breed. :D

Show them their place... My clarkie is 6+ years with me and she learned real quick not to bite the hand that feeds. Ran into me and "nibbled" a bit too hard one day and I flicked her clear across the tank. Now she just nudges my hand/fingers when I'm in the tank. If she opens her mouth she gets a stern flick to remind her of the rules. My tank, my rules, deal, or meet the porcelain god.

Show them their place... My clarkie is 6+ years with me and she learned real quick not to bite the hand that feeds. Ran into me and "nibbled" a bit too hard one day and I flicked her clear across the tank. Now she just nudges my hand/fingers when I'm in the tank. If she opens her mouth she gets a stern flick to remind her of the rules. My tank, my rules, deal, or meet the porcelain god.

I've tried to flick my ocellaris. I've never been able to hit them. If I put on a latex glove, they won't touch me though. She bit the glove once and hasn't done it since.

My black ocellaris is a nipper and the orange one could care less if I put my hand in the tank.I have two maroons that will eat out of my hand they are pretty small yet 1-2 inches and a pair of clarkie that hide when I put my hand in their tank.

Back