Frozen Sand Eels

OneThunder

I purchased them to feed to my anenome (deceased) and was wondering if I could feed them to Spot (dog faced puffer). Usually Beauty (red emporer snapper) will eat anything she sees me giving to him and the rest of the gang Doobie included (cowfish) will come swimming over to taste. Can I feed them the frozen sand eels? (defrosted of course). ???:mixed:

Yes you can feed them to the puffer. I would really watch feeding that anemone though when the puffer is near it. One of these days ol spot is going to make a snack out of it. puffer + anemone = dead anenome

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6833449#post6833449 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
Yes you can feed them to the puffer. I would really watch feeding that anemone though when the puffer is near it. One of these days ol spot is going to make a snack out of it. puffer + anemone = dead anenome
Nemo already killed the anenome. He ruptured it. He was too rough with it. I bought him another one and he killed that one too. He gets no more. :mad2:

Hmmm.... I assume Nemo is a clown??? Sounds a little odd a clown could/would damage an anemone to me...:confused:

perhaps the anemone was too small for the clown, I too habe never heard of a clown rupturing an anemone.

Dwayne, don't you think the hosting clown would protect the anemone from the puffer? they keep away angels, butterfly's and other's in the wild, clowns can be VERY aggressive when they want to be

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6835953#post6835953 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigdaddyadam

Dwayne, don't you think the hosting clown would protect the anemone from the puffer? they keep away angels, butterfly's and other's in the wild, clowns can be VERY aggressive when they want to be

Nope. Just ask the 2 bubbletips that my S&S puffer snatched out from under my maroon clown. One lived in the tank for a few months before the puffer decided he was hungry. The second one lasted less then one day. That is when I decided to go with a seperate tank for the clown and another new anemone.

Back