FS: 60g Starphire Rimless Cube + more! Moving out of area.

MonKei

For Sale: Starphire Rimless 60g Cube 2' x 2' x 2'

:facepalm:*I'll add more/better photos when it's lighter outside/aquarium lights are on*:facepalm:

I bought this setup used a few years back from Rollins up in Chico -- And I've LOVED it.
But we're moving across country, so it's time to take a break from the hobby and part with it.

Starphire (3 sides - viewing sides) Rimless 60g cube, 24"x24"x24", external overflow built into the system 1" return 1.5" drain. Custom built by Keith Grandt.. ½"œ glass, beveled edges.

I kept the stand, it's 3 feet tall, so it puts the tank at a great viewing height. I stripped it of the extra coverings, it's a blank slate for you to make look pretty.

15g tall sump -- it's acrylic by glass cages

tank%2Bfront.jpg

tank%2Bside.jpg

$600 tank/stand/sump/iwaki return pump
$1600 if you come and take everything including livestock/rock(this will either come down or be removed as an "œall" deal if things start going individually)

Equipment

AI Hydra - Nearly new, purchased in June new w/ remote control unit. $450
Jebao DC9000 Return Pump -- Nearly new only used 3 months w/box $75
Iwaki Japanese Return Pump MD20-RXT -- $75
EcoTech MP10w with box. -- used $150
AquaC EV-180 Skimmer w/ overflow container & Mag 9.5 pump -- $200
BRS Deluxe Media Reactor -- used $30
Mag 12 Pump -- used $50 new-ish impeller
Aqua Logic ¼ hp chiller (submersible coil) no controller-- used $150
BRS 5 Stage RODI system -- used pre-filters 3 months old, $75
lots of assorted frag plugs
BRS 3 part supplements -- couple of half used gallon containers -- by some equipment and take some
lots of assorted Maxi-Jet pumps -- by some equipment and take some
Phosban Reactor -- $10
Hammerhead algae scraper w/ blade mod -- $35
2x 32gallon brute cans w/ bulkhead drains near the bottom -- used only for RODI / Salt mixing -- $10/each
Lots of 1" and 1.5" PVC Fittings -- take some if you want em.
5 feet give/take of unused spa-flex tubing 1" and 1.5"
~10 feet used spa-flex pvc tubing, just had connected to aquarium
2x meanwell LED Drivers
A handful of 5g Salt buckets
A handful of 5g jugs -- some missing some caps

DIY Acrylic (½") ADA 60 clone -- (aprox 24x18x18) used as QT Tank -- had light copper treatment in it -- $45 or make an offer

Another 24" cube w/ stand/hood by Aqua Aquarium that has some scratches on the plastic trim -- this gets covered by the stand/hood. Plain glass. Might need to be resealed -- I got some Momentive RTV108 to rebuild it, never got around to it. You can take the Momentive -- $75 or make an offer

Livestock
about 50 lb live rock, 20 from Marco rock -- assorted other LR

"œZoa Rock" has tons of different zoas on it"¦ different colors and stuff.. but also has Mary Janes, and Mind Blowing Pallys on it"¦ and a neon green tentacle leather in there too.. -- $50 for the whole rock
frag plug of 4 Sunny Ds -- $15
frag plug of 4 Rastas $15

LR with a huge plating/encrusting hydnophora $20

tons of fuzzy mushrooms -- secluded to one or two rocks --$10???? Everyone loves fuzzy mushrooms"¦"¦. especially with a happy clownfish in them.

Red/White Peppermint acans, probably 20 heads -- $40
rainbow acans probably 10+ eyes -- $30

Assorted LPS frags that are on recovery -- was not particularly being on top of water changes and dosing -- lost some tissue, but still alive and growing"¦

golden torch, 2 heads -- $15
8+/- heads small frogspawn $15
~2" Cactus coral -- $15

Fish:
1.5" blue chromis
1.5" tomato clown (absolutely loves the mushrooms)
Dwarf African Flameback Angel -- doesn't pick at any coral in the tank that I've seen
Small Citron Goby -- got the markings of a citron/size of a brown clown goby
2" Banggai Cardinalfish

2x drilled 40g breeders that I've put together for a sump -- $15???

Thanks for looking.. again, I'll put better photos up later when it's light out and lights for the tank are on"¦

Thayer

I will take the DC9000, the RODI setup, and possibly the mag 12 if they are available.

Also, is the hammerhead for glass or acrylic?

Correction on the DIY Acrylic Tank -- it's approx 24.5"wide x 18" tall x 12" front/back
Also -- Booooo to only being able to edit in the first couple mins a post has been up

Last edited:
I'll take the the brute cans and I'm interested in the acrylic cube.
PM Sent

Intersted in a few things, Zoa rock, Rainbow acans, 40 gallon drilled breeders Even the dwarf angel
PM Sent

I will take the DC9000, the RODI setup, and possibly the mag 12 if they are available.

Also, is the hammerhead for glass or acrylic?
CORRECTION: It's not a hammerhead, it's the little brother --- the Piranha it is for glass -- has a blade attached to it... however if you took the blade off I've also got replacement pads
PM Sent

Flameback Angel
Cardinal
Rock with leather (up front/right in photo)
and QT 24x18x12 tank
sold

Had a message for the remaining setup.. We shall see.....

Full setup sale fell through --- I've responded to PMs for folks that were interested in stuff..

UPDATE:
All livestock is sold (Thanks!)

AI Hydra is the original version, LIKE NEW only 5 months old, $400 w/ wireless controller -- dropped price, I was looking at the new version..
adding:
20x20x10 glass frag tank, has bulkhead on side -- $40
MaxiJet 900 w/ algae-free sure flow upgrade and magnet mount $20

Pending:
Brutes
chiller
spa-flex
frag plugs

I'll be around Wed 10/22, but am out of town for the weekend, to be back in town and available Tuesday 10/22 (most likely)

Thayer

Back