FS: Berghia Nudibranchs - 1/4" - $7 each

sfdan

After my very oversubscribed first batch of nudibranchs, I've refined my methods (which I've detailed in this thread on BAR), and have the 2nd generation ready for sale.

The nudibranchs I'm selling will be around 1/4", maybe slightly bigger, maybe slightly smaller. They will look like this (on the lower right):

yLearXx.jpg

At this size they have reached the stage where they are actively devouring Aiptasia (which you can see when the nudi's cerata take on the Aiptasia's coloration). It takes them roughly a month to go from this size to the point where they are laying eggs.

The sale will be contactless. You'll pay via Paypal, we'll set up a pickup time and your order will be waiting for you on the curb. I'll harvest your nudibranchs right before you arrive so they are warm and happy. Each order will include a pipette which you can use to safely transfer the nudibranchs from the container into your tank.

If all that sounds good, send me a PM with how many you want.

First come, first serve.

If this becomes oversubscribed like before I'll try to PM you an approximate date when I expect I could fulfill your order.

Located in SF.

---

If you are trying to research whether or not Berghia nudibranchs are the right solution to your Aiptasia problem, or how many you need, please look around at other threads to answer those questions. I honestly do not know the best advice, I just know how to breed them.

I'm interested in them. How many do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The nudibranchs continuously lay eggs, so there is no fixed number I've got. There are some amount up to size, and some amount just smaller that will be up to size in a week, some smaller than that, etc.

Just PM me with how many you are looking for and I'll let you know if I've got those available now, or if not I'll reserve future nudibranchs and give you an estimate of when they'll be up to size.

Typically, how many of these Nudis you need in a 200 gal tank?

I don't think there is a perfect answer to this question. It depends on your goals, you level of infestation, what your timetable is for success, what you definition of success is, if have you any bergia predators, etc.

The professionals who sell these nudibranchs online and have calculators say 8-25 nudibranchs for a 200 gallon tank. That seems reasonable to me, but you should understand what the nudibranchs are capable of doing. This video segment on BRS I think gives a pretty good explanation of what you can expect out of them.

There is also a good thread on a different forum if you search Google for "how many bergia nudibranchs do i need".

Back