FS: High end 180 (with Bubbleking Skimmer)

Thunderstruck

As some of you already know, I have decided to sell my 180 set up and take a break from the hobby. Going to get back into cars, and with a family, traveling, etc. only have tiem for one real hobby. This was my dream tank, which I spared no expense on. The set up is only 7 months old, and some of the items on the tank are only 2 months old. All items for the tank were purchased brand new and several items were custom made for this tank. The tank itself is a 180-gallon (72 in. x 24.5 in. x 24.5 in.) oceanic tank with a cherry wood finish. The tank come with a matching cherry wood stand and canopy as well. Inside the canopy is a custom lighting system designed by Aquatinics. It features (4) 250 watt 14K Ushio metal halides, (2) actinic T5’s, and 4 customized deep blue LED lunar lights. The canopy also has built in fans as well.

Under the tank is a 60-gallon custom sump/refugium designed by Socal, with a 500-watt digital Aquamedic biotherm heater inside. Lighting the sump/refugium is an 80-watt Current Orbit light system with dual Daylight (10,000K & 6,700K), dual Actinic (460nm & 420nm) and Lunar Lights. The tank also features a Bubbleking 250 external skimmer, with custom designed telescope pipes and collection cup (so the skimmer could fit under the tank). This is hands down the best skimmer available on the market (and the most expensive as well)! The return pump is a Blueline 40HD. There are also (4) Tunze 6000’s (with magnets â€"œ 6200), to provide extra circulation.

The back of the tank was professionally done with blackout film, for better depth perception. Also, it matches the color of the overflows, so they blend in very nicely. Inside the tank features 350-400 pounds of premium live rock. Various corals and feather dusters are attached to the live rock. There is a various types, shapes, and sizes of rock in the tank to make an interesting and full display in the tank.

The entire tank is controlled by the digital Reefkeeper II. I have 3 expansion sockets, which spread out the power load. This makes the entire set up self-automated. I have everything on my tank plugged into this unit.

The tank also comes with a rare Hawaiian Dragon eel, which is pictured as well. This is the holy grail of morays and a nice addition to any tank. He does not both any of the fish I have him with (all fish are 4 inches or larger). I feed him two times a week and that seems to satisfy him. Inside the tank, there is also a scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp, 3 peppermint shrimps, a purple reef lobster, and 200 hermit crabs and snails.

Furthermore, anyone who purchases the set up will also receive $400 in gift certificates to Drs. Foster & Smith/Live Aquaria. In addition to that, I also have several hardware and maintenance items I will be throwing in including: refractometer (with case), a Typhoon III water purifier unit (with 3 five pound bags of resin included), 2 brute 32 gallon buckets to make water, brand new large mag-float (unopened), and several more items as well including salt, test kits, etc. I am asking $8,000 for everything, which is considerably under half of what I put into this tank. Hell, it is under the price of what I paid for the skimmer, live rock and lights alone. All items are in pristine condition and if anyone has any questions or want to see the tank in person, please feel free to pm me. Thanks for looking!

891557-16-_misc_phoots_20070718_9_4a.JPG

891557-16-_misc_phoots_20070718_9_13a.JPG

891557-16-_misc_phoots_20070718_9_10a.JPG

89155plumbing1.JPG

891557-16-_misc_phoots_20070718_9_14a.JPG

891557-16-_misc_phoots_20070718_9_15a.JPG

891557-16-_misc_phoots_20070718_9_16a.JPG

89155IMG_0082a.JPG

89155dragon_eel_3a.jpg

Last edited:
I am also interested in the reef-keeper. LMK if it is available, and if you are even interested in parting out.

At this point in time, want to keep it together. Really want to get the tank out of here, so I can redecorate my bar. The tank is kinda holding me up. Will keep everyone posted. There has to be someone looking to upgrade to a top of the line system?

Just wanted to give everyone a tank update. It is still availble. There is a lot of interest surrounding the bubbleking skimmer, draong ell, and tunze. Because of this I am willing to sell the setup for $5500 without the bubbleking skimmer, tunze and dragon. I will also be willing to listen to any reasonable offer as well. Thanks for the interest, and you can pm me for any additonal information needed.

Tank is located in CT, hence the CT reef society :) As far as part out goes, I am going to try and sell as a hole. If that doesn't work, might part out the bk skimmer, eel, and tunze, to make it more affordable. Will listen reasonable offers on tank setup minus, the eel, skimmer and tunze (or with some or all of those items for that matter).

Will be looking to part out the tank next week. First, I will contact people who wanted specific items (pending sale of live rock), then will post all prices on the part out.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10548852#post10548852 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Thunderstruck
Tank is located in CT, hence the CT reef society :) As far as part out goes, I am going to try and sell as a hole. If that doesn't work, might part out the bk skimmer, eel, and tunze, to make it more affordable. Will listen reasonable offers on tank setup minus, the eel, skimmer and tunze (or with some or all of those items for that matter).
Right, but WHERE in CT?

Back