Full Spectrum LED Build-MakersLED-Meanwell LDD-Apex Control

ooops...links don't work...just look for SainSmart on Ebay...I bought a kit with a display, just as is in the J directions....Btw, no more talk of J Arduino, it is a banned site here for some reason...argh...

converter

converter

I've been wanting to control LDD's from the apex in order to get the seasons the apex has as well as the simpler inet based programming available on the apex. I fried my real arduino and replaced it with a knock off, seems to be every bit as good. The chinaduino is going to serve as a converter from the Apex signal to pwm for the LDD's. O2Surplus has an really great converter designed for the same purpose ready to take the full 10v of the apex signal. What I'm trying is capping the 1-10v signal from Apex at 50% output in the settings of the apex and that yields a full strength pwm signal to the LDD.
Downside of the arduino converter is I'm sure I'll lose some resolution doing it this way . (this could easily be rectified by putting some resistor voltage divider before the arduino's input pin)
Upside is many more pins available for channels (have to add the apex vdm) but you can run pwm out of 16 pins and have code running in the arduino to run other pins or do other functions. So you get a hybrid of some Apex controlled channels being converted plus pwm pins run by the arduino itself.

Good choice with the arduino...you won't be disappointed. In the future learn python as well for raspberry pi...you "could" do the same thing AND have the memory/CPU for an incredible webserver to control it all!

Back