Full Zeovit System

vitodog

I've noticed recently, in a few new build threads, the OP indicates that the tank will be "Full Zeovit". I visited the Korallen-Zuct (not sure if I spelled that correctly) web site and they have like hundreds of different products. Can anyone explain what a "Full Zeovit System" (essential products) consist of?

Isn't that where you give KZ full access to your bank account and let them take what they want? :D

I've noticed recently, in a few new build threads, the OP indicates that the tank will be "Full Zeovit". I visited the Korallen-Zuct (not sure if I spelled that correctly) web site and they have like hundreds of different products. Can anyone explain what a "Full Zeovit System" (essential products) consist of?

This may be an assumption. I understand 'full zeovit' system to mean they are using 4 key components: 1) Zeolites in a reactor, 2)ZeoBac (micro organism solution), 3) ZeoFood (bacteria and coral food) and 4) ZeoStart.

This system is your means of nutrient export. It takes place of your refugium, GFO, Bio pellets, etc.

The other products like amino acids and color ehnacers are not key elements to full zeovit, and can be used independantly of the zeovit system.

That is how i understand it. I am very tempted by starting a zeo tank. I have already bought a reactor and the 'big 4'. The dosing regiment doesnt bother me, I am mildly OCD. The pastel colors kind of bother me though. I may try it for a year to see what happens.

Does anyone have experience with pod production in a zeovit tank? I am thinking of trying a zeovit tank but love mandarins. Do we know if it is possible to grow pods in this system?

Does anyone have experience with pod production in a zeovit tank? I am thinking of trying a zeovit tank but love mandarins. Do we know if it is possible to grow pods in this system?

LOL. Pods will multiple in any system, especially Zeo. Why do you think running Zeo will effect pod production?

This may be an assumption. I understand 'full zeovit' system to mean they are using 4 key components: 1) Zeolites in a reactor, 2)ZeoBac (micro organism solution), 3) ZeoFood (bacteria and coral food) and 4) ZeoStart.

This system is your means of nutrient export. It takes place of your refugium, GFO, Bio pellets, etc.

The other products like amino acids and color ehnacers are not key elements to full zeovit, and can be used independantly of the zeovit system.

That is how i understand it. I am very tempted by starting a zeo tank. I have already bought a reactor and the 'big 4'. The dosing regiment doesnt bother me, I am mildly OCD. The pastel colors kind of bother me though. I may try it for a year to see what happens.

good description.

certain products like Zeospur2 give the pastel colors some like, but you can have deep colors with zeovit as well.

Full zeovit could be the basic 4.
Zeovit stones
Zeobac
Zeofood
Zeostart

Or it could be that they use the entire range of Kz products from salt to lights to skimmers, sand and in Europe even their corals.

Full zeovit could be the basic 4.
Zeovit stones
Zeobac
Zeofood
Zeostart

Or it could be that they use the entire range of Kz products from salt to lights to skimmers, sand and in Europe even their corals.

hey :) zeofood is not replaced with Sponge power :)

confirmed with Thomas pohl. changed on the PDF file as well, not sure why other online stores arent changing it though :)

zeofood contains vitamines as well as organic carbon and was only developed for corals starving to death in systems with way too low of nutritions.

It was my understanding that zeovit was such a clean system. My fear was I would be unable to grow large numbers of pods with such a clean system. Would it be a good idea to have live rock in the sump for pod production? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this.

hey :) zeofood is not replaced with Sponge power :)

confirmed with Thomas pohl. changed on the PDF file as well, not sure why other online stores arent changing it though :)

zeofood contains vitamines as well as organic carbon and was only developed for corals starving to death in systems with way too low of nutritions.

Zeofood was not for starving systems it was part of the original system almost everyone who used zeo for the last ten years used zeofood. I wasn't aware they changed it.

pods can consume bacteria and detritus, there is no reason to think pods wont do as good in a Zeovit tank. my sump is full of sponges, feature dusters and pods and mysids.

Zeofood was not for starving systems it was part of the original system almost everyone who used zeo for the last ten years used zeofood. I wasn't aware they changed it.

just posting info I have got while speaking to Thomas Pohl to help others using it :)

it is still useful, in a new system, with not much or no fish, and clean dry rocks or ... corals wouldnt have enough to flourish at the beginning, so zeofood7 can be used. but in most of our tanks with feeding and ... it just causes cyano/brown bacteria film most of the times if overdosed.

Zeo food was used back in the day as a food for the corals. Now there are so many other products and additives its really not nesessary and people choose not to use it. It most cases it just causes algae blooms and browning of Sps. They really should remove it from the basic 4 if they haven't already.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I did re-visit the Korallen-Zucht web site and down loaded their Zeovit Guide. Thanks to all of your informed responses, I certainly have a much better understanding of what would be considered your "BASIC" full zeovit system. Thanks again.

Back