Generator Suggestions

If your looking for a whole home generator, I would suggest the Generac Guardian units. I have one for my house and during the summer can run the 300 gallon display and only have to chose between the stove and A/C.

The only issue I have is during winter, I can run my Heat Pump without strip heat but not both at the same time.....To do all of this I needed a 28KW and wasnt going to shell out that cash. I love it cost around 4500 total 3800 for the generator and another 700 for install.....

Here is a link for the one I bought

Can't help re a generetor but all you need some flow to tie you over till your up and running again, most powerheads are pretty low drain so a couple PC back ups would be easier and cheaper idea if that hasn't been considered. Not trying to talk you out of the genereator and you may have considered it already but just a budget alternative that I know a lot of reefers use

Get you generator locally, shipping will kill you. Home Depot and Lowes usually have them. Expect to pay $500-700 for a decent 5,000 Watt range generator. Look for sales.

Jeff

Just remember that most cheap generators and UPS's are not compatible with our pumps and powerheads. To ensure you don't damage equipment you're either building your own or looking for something that process a true sine wave.

I have a honda eco 2000. It was pricey, but it's portable, the power is very stable true sine wave, very good on gas usage (throttle the motor from almost off to full speed dependent on load), I can run it on my front porch in the middle of summer and not keep the neighbors awake, and it will last quite some time.

^^?

I'm pretty positive that all gas generators produce AC... I'm no expert so you probably should check, but I don't see why or how a rotating generator would produce anything other than AC.

^^?

I'm pretty positive that all gas generators produce AC... I'm no expert so you probably should check, but I don't see why or how a rotating generator would produce anything other than AC.

Not all AC is created (literally) equal ;)

Many produce square or modified sine waves. This can cause cavitation, overheating, and failures on any AC motor type of equipment (power heads, pumps, etc). DC is not impacted. The power from your wall and power from quality UPS/generators are true sine wave (smooth up and down wave).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sine_wave

Back