Getting Zoo's to Grow

joebo1717

What is the best way to get zoo's to grow rapidly? I have 350watts of PC on a 75 gal tank. 1 4 ft 4x55 watt. (2 10k, 2 Atc) and 1 30" (2 50/50). Outside of going to MH is there a good combination of supplements to aid growth? I just got some iodine, buffer, builder and advantage calcium from seachem. Is there anything elese you reccomend?

Stable enviroment, good water flow and strong light help zoas grow.

If you keep a very low nutrient tank (SPS for instance) they will not grow as quickly as you want, but they will probably be very colorful. If you keep a high nutrient tank, then they may grow like a weed, but they will most likely fade in color and not be attractive.

A balance of both will give you colorful fast growing zoas.

There isn't a magic elixer either, otherwise the inventer would be rich by just the regulars that hang out in this forum.:rolleyes:

my best advice i have learned w/ zoo's, i frag zooz, and reefing in general is leave it alone...dont touch it....they will come

is your advice that you frag zoo's? I have turned one colony I got last weekend into 3 pieces now and scattered them all over so i get growth everywhere. Also they are really nice zoos so i figured i would split them up to make for the best chance of survival

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6898515#post6898515 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joebo1717
my best advice i have learned w/ zoo's, i frag zooz, and reefing in general is leave it alone...dont touch it....they will come

is your advice that you frag zoo's? I have turned one colony I got last weekend into 3 pieces now and scattered them all over so i get growth everywhere. Also they are really nice zoos so i figured i would split them up to make for the best chance of survival

---------no, just leave things alone and you will see more growth.

Back