Gfo.

RBU1

Moving on Up
Ok. I know people say GFO is GFO. But I have to tell you the last month or so I've been battling phosphates. I ordered a few bags of GFO not the HC from an online retailer. My levels would not go down. I was changing the GFO weekly. Last night I received my order of Rowaphos. Well let me tell you. Overnight my phosphates went from .1 to .03. I'm a firm believer in Rowaphos and will no longer use anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you know the other GFO didn't remove a lot of the PO4 that was tied up in biofilms, sponges, rock and sand? The tests we can do only show what's left over after everyhting messes with it.

How do you know the other GFO didn't remove a lot of the PO4 that was tied up in biofilms, sponges, rock and sand? The tests we can do only show what's left over after everyhting messes with it.

Because I test regularly. My PO4 has been religiously around .05 I started feeding a little heavier and my PO4 was going up. I tried for three weeks to get them back down changing out the GFO every week levels would not drop. I added the rowa last night and dropped. The GFO was either no good or Rowa is great stuff.

Because I test regularly. My PO4 has been religiously around .05 I started feeding a little heavier and my PO4 was going up. I tried for three weeks to get them back down changing out the GFO every week levels would not drop. I added the rowa last night and dropped. The GFO was either no good or Rowa is great stuff.

But in the three weeks you were using the "other" stuff you don't know what amount of phosphorus, organic and inorganic, was released by sand, gravel, rock, biofilms or sponges and removed with it. I'm not saying Rowa isn't a good product and it might be better than the other product(s) you used, I haven't seen head to head tests between the different brands. But the phosphorus cycle in reefs is very complex and you haven't shown the "other" stuff didn't remove anything.

But in the three weeks you were using the "other" stuff you don't know what amount of phosphorus, organic and inorganic, was released by sand, gravel, rock, biofilms or sponges and removed with it. I'm not saying Rowa isn't a good product and it might be better than the other product(s) you used, I haven't seen head to head tests between the different brands. But the phosphorus cycle in reefs is very complex and you haven't shown the "other" stuff didn't remove anything.

I'm not going to argue with you about this. I've been in the hobby a long time and have been using GFO for a long time. I know what my test results show me. Rowaphos will be the only phosphate remover I will use going forward. I suggest everyone struggling with phosphates to give it a try and post your results.

Back