GHA on Monte

CAPT_Dave

New problem. I have some GHA starting to grow on a Monte. Pic in post below.

Tank is 5 years old. Mixed reef, mostly LPS but starting to try some easy SPS.
- 120g display with 30g sump/fuge with chaeto under grow light.
- Lights are SB Reef box light LEDs on 100% Blue/UV and about 20% white. Pictured location is at very top of tank on a large rock that I cannot remove without taking off hood (no).
- MaxSpect Gyre and 2 jaebos pushing lots of flow.

Parameters
Alk 8.7
Ca 420
Mg 1320
NO3 2.5 ppm
PO4 0.07 ppm
SG 1.025
pH 8.2 - 8.4

There is also some bubble algae.

I was dosing vodka but scaled that back and then stopped that as well as GFO when NO3 and PO4 were undetectable and I started to see bacterial slime in shaded areas.

I know the GHA is coming up due to PO4 and I can get that under control but don't know what to do about the Monte. Thoughts?

Thoughts on the bubble algae? I really don't want to introduce crabs.

Photo of GHA on Monte.

You can see some bleaching on the left. That's right under a UV chip on the light, which is only about 12" away. That coral is under about 4" of water so I suspect its the light but there isn't much I can do about that, either given the setup. There have been no changes in light settings in at least two years. Other Montes of the same type that are lower are thriving but the one pictured is the mother colony and it's been there about 2 years. Others were frags that broke off and grew where they fell.

Other SPS include large green Monte cap, a couple digitatas and some birdnests. All doing well.
fc49eeaae3fe6fdb3c954d28c9baf9d9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Good thought but the gyre blows across the top. I could angle it down a little more but the coral on top would really get blasted. They're all SPS so that might be ok. I'd be happy for that Nem to take a walk. I'm sure the Monte would too.
Move something for more direct flow?
94b80e5f213e77875ff494fed1e3b246.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well its a dead monti.. might want to frag them out. Im sure no algae would grow on coral unless its dead

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back