GHL Mitras Club

FWIW I am running (4) LX7's on my 180-gls SPS. It's 60 x 24 x 29. VinnyGHL suggested running (4) to limit shading issues once the SPS's grow out. Probably could have gotten away with (3), but what the heck....lol.

To that end, I was originally running them 8" above water line and now raised them to 10". Should I raise them to 11-12"? What is everyone running theirs/height above water......recommendations welcomed?

Thanks so much in advance............

FWIW I am running (4) LX7's on my 180-gls SPS. It's 60 x 24 x 29. VinnyGHL suggested running (4) to limit shading issues once the SPS's grow out. Probably could have gotten away with (3), but what the heck....lol.

To that end, I was originally running them 8" above water line and now raised them to 10". Should I raise them to 11-12"? What is everyone running theirs/height above water......recommendations welcomed?

am running mine at 7.8 inches above surface. the minimum.

am running mine at 7.9 inches above surface. the minimum.

f1d58e224ef9e586c92e2eb21fc455b3.png

I'm very excited to join the club. For the time being, I ordered a single LX7206 to run over my 36x30x18 tank.
dbd17990634edfad382f25fa21bc7418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting very close to getting my lights hung over my standard 4x2x2 with a (very annoying) center brace.

I am thinking I will mount my (2)7206's the "œlong" way, long side of light parrllel with long side of tank and pitch them slighty toward the center.

Would love thoughts on this verses mounting the lights the "œshort" way.

Also thoughts on about high off the the top the tank the lights should be would be great. I'll have adjustability, but looking for a general target.

Looking forward to opinions.

Cheers
C

Getting very close to getting my lights hung over my standard 4x2x2 with a (very annoying) center brace.

I am thinking I will mount my (2)7206's the "œlong" way, long side of light parrllel with long side of tank and pitch them slighty toward the center.

Would love thoughts on this verses mounting the lights the "œshort" way.

Also thoughts on about high off the the top the tank the lights should be would be great. I'll have adjustability, but looking for a general target.

Looking forward to opinions.

Cheers
C

I'd mount them with the long side front to back. That will reduce shadowing towards the front of the tank. Angling them slightly towards center is a great idea as it will increase coverage over the center of the tank while reducing lightbleed onto the sides. As for height, I'd go 8-10" above the water. They are very powerful so you could go a bit higher if you wanted.

Perfect, thanks for the input slief.

Time for some fine tuning before my Pro 4 shows up...

Hi Reefcentral! I was wondering if any of you Mitras owners are running something similar to the radion sps ab+ program. I am currently running a program that I like visually and it's keeping my corals alive. The only thing I'm not seeing is growth. This is why I would like to try simulate the radion sps ab+ program.
I am using the Mitras 7206

Thanks!

Update on the mitras simulating radion sps ab+

I love the new settings. I'm testing out the waters with a frag that was in my other tank running t5s. The frag is doing well and showing a lot of polyp extension. Once I see it encrust the frag plug I will add more sps frags to further confirm the new settings are working.

Update on the mitras simulating radion sps ab+

I love the new settings. I'm testing out the waters with a frag that was in my other tank running t5s. The frag is doing well and showing a lot of polyp extension. Once I see it encrust the frag plug I will add more sps frags to further confirm the new settings are working.

Where are you finding info regarding the Radion simulating AB+? Where's the downloadable link?

Have you bump up the intensity. I have notice when I had my mitras I didn't get much growth but going to radioms growth with in two weeks. I learned later on I need to run at 120-140 percent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IMG_5404.jpg

I realize it isn't the best photo, however it running d2mini's light project and I love the look of the tank.

Also, I just love the light overall.

Where are you finding info regarding the Radion simulating AB+? Where's the downloadable link?

There's no downloadable link. I just set the leds to the same
Percentage as the radion sps settings. The radion settings are
100% for royal blue, blue and ultraviolet. 24% for white, green and red.
The mitras have a few leds that the radions don't have so I just set those to 24% too.
So far everything is doing great.
I also changed the energy settings to high output.

Here's a screenshot of my "energy options" settings in GCC. I got these settings from a GHL support person. This is what he recommended doing to increase intensity.

Make sure:
Mode is set to 100%
Max Temp Allowed set to 65
Max Fan Speed set to 100%

And try setting the "Power Balance Tech" to the settings I have in the pic. Just have to make sure all channels equal 100% grouped together.

At least that was what I was instructed to do and have them running like that since July.

It is pretty frustrating the lack of info on these LED fixtures. IMO they are great fixtures just limited support and user feedback.

HTH

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2982.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2982.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1
:fish1: Hi all, finally got my first 7206 programmed yesterday, for a first time user to the Mitra software, there is a bit of a learning curve. I just want to say thanks to Vinny and Marco for all your help. Once you understand how to use the software it is a pretty simple process, and I have no idea why I waited so long to change from my M/H-VHO lighting. :fish1:

Hi, How do you increase the light intensity setting on the LX 7206? When I go energy options on the GHL site, I raised the channels I want to increase to 130% but when you go into the Light Composer, you can only set the brightness and Color channel to 100%, how do I get the light channels up to 130%?

Hi, How do you increase the light intensity setting on the LX 7206? When I go energy options on the GHL site, I raised the channels I want to increase to 130% but when you go into the Light Composer, you can only set the brightness and Color channel to 100%, how do I get the light channels up to 130%?

Under energy options of GHL Control center, you can set the light to High Output mode and then go to the individual channels in energy options and set the max intensity (up to 130%) for each of the channels. That feature acts as a governor of sorts for each of the channels. Some channels you may want the extra power like blues for example but other channels you may never run anywhere near 100% such as red or white or green. So you can set those channels lower to like 70% and then set other channels to up to 130%. This allows other channels to shift the power to take advantage of the extra power. When you are in composer, you will still only see a max of 100% however at 100% you would be getting the max intensity that you set under power management for that channel whether is 70% max in power management or 130% max in power management. Truth is that even in high efficiency mode, these lights are very powerful and most would never need to run the channels at 100% let alone 130% but it’s there if you want it. Also, be sure to set the fan speed to 100% (also in power management) if you are switching the lights to high output mode.
Make sure you transmit the setting changes to the lights after making any changes.

:fish1: Hi all, is anyone having problems with the GHL forms website, as I for got my password, and when I hit I for got my password, it ask for my email address, so I send it to them, and never receive a response, on how to change my password. :fish1:

Back