Glass Overflow Modification Question

HOBtx

So it looks like I will be getting an aquarium. Its been 10 years (a lot of life changes). So the tank is drilled but the overflow box is just glass and from what I can tell I would like to modify it some with the normal "teeth". Are there any on the market to buy or better to create myself?
tank overflow.jpg

Thank you for the link. I will have to measure the current glass overflow once the tank is delivered.

So next question would be on water return. Since there are 3 holes, would it be better to have 2 be drain and 1 return or all 3 drain? If all 3 for drain what is the suggestion on water return?

A Bean Animal drain is the safest, 3 holes, 1 full siphon, 1 secondary where there is a trickle over the edge.
The 3rd is the emergency drain, highest in the overflow & NOT underwater in the sump so you can hear it if it gets used.
Returns come over the top of the tank, I like Sea Swirls there for water currents.
USE A GATE VALVE ON THE MAIN DRAIN

A Bean Animal drain is the safest, 3 holes, 1 full siphon, 1 secondary where there is a trickle over the edge.
The 3rd is the emergency drain, highest in the overflow & NOT underwater in the sump so you can hear it if it gets used.
Returns come over the top of the tank, I like Sea Swirls there for water currents.
USE A GATE VALVE ON THE MAIN DRAI
Thank you for the input. I am not sure I can swing a Sea Swirl unless maybe used.

The tank is 36x24x16

RFG's work well on a return:

https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/product-spotlight/random-flow-generator/

You'll obviously have to do a little up and over pipe because you're not using a hole. Either a DIY or one of these. I'd use a check valve since those sit kind of low below the surface or Macgyver it so it's higher.

View attachment 32401665
Yep, my current tank uses and eShopps Eclipse overflow so, I don't have a return hole. I just fashioned something like this out of PVC for my return.

Back