Gloves?

Deberber

Hey, I'm look to get a pair of gloves to work around in the tank. I'm just curious what the best type of glove would be.

Depends on why you want gloves. The arm length heavy duty ones are great for keeping your hands dry and safe from Paly toxins but they are useless for delicate work like feeding.

I use the orange blue ones think their coralife
They are really stiff though and tire your hand for delicate tedious work

I haven't used the Coralife....but the ones I linked are great. I can't imagine the Coralifes being any better. I've had them a couple years and they are very thick. They are about the same length as the Coralifes, but I wish they made either 6" longer to go right up to the shoulder.

Plus they have 20% coupons that would apply to that, 4 pairs for the price of the Coralifes.

The gloves are well worth the amount of towels I no longer go through drying off my arms after doing something in the tank, even ignoring the contamination benefits.

I got the blue version of the nitrile pond gloves. Amazing how your hand can be dry after working on things.

Of course I did not get them until getting stuck by a hippo tang during feeding. Felt like pounding on the finger with a hammer, and still has remnants two years later.

I ordered thick arm length nitrile gloves from the industrial and scientific substore on amazon.

I also keep disposable 12" nitrile gloves for delicate stuff.

I got the blue version of the nitrile pond gloves. Amazing how your hand can be dry after working on things.

Of course I did not get them until getting stuck by a hippo tang during feeding. Felt like pounding on the finger with a hammer, and still has remnants two years later.

thats there spines my tang i hand feed my 6" female maroon will draw blood

I haven't used gloves on a regular practice aqua-scapeing or doing in-tank maintenance in the past. Until one day I looked down at my hands after moving some coral around. It was as if I did not have any fingerprints anymore, smooth as silk. So, when I do a straight water change, I still don't. But when dealing with live rock, Zoa's, pally's or any other corals, I now use gloves. Just the nitriel ones, I don't care about getting wet but it beats the alternatives.

PS: I have since regrown my fingerprints.

Ernie

Back