Gonna miss all my FRAG friends!

AZBigJohn

Usually confused...
Due to several issues, we are moving to Las Cruces, New Mexico on the 16th.

I am breaking down my big 210 and moving everything into my hospital tank for a couple weeks for the move. The rock is all in two barrels with pumps trying to keep it mostly alive.

The sad part is there is NO saltwater store within 2 hours drive. A couple in EL Paso Texas, and a few in Albuquerque (which is a 4-hour drive). I still have family up here, so I may drive back for a couple FRAG auctions when the need arrives, but I will mostly be a mail-order reefer from now on.

I will miss all my FRAG buddies, and the fin from the FRAG meetings! I may hit someone up to see if I can pay them to ship me some Chaeto once I get running again, that is the one thing I didn't think to "preserve" for the move.

Bummer man. Good luck on the move. I'm from El Paso and the fish stores are very lacking around there. Good thing is you will have lots of good Mexican food :)
If your in El Paso "Coral reef" is an okay store. It's on the east side

John I ship my clownfish to a store in the El Paso area & I also send him Reef Stew. Go to Reef City & More & I can ship Chato when he places an order.

John I ship my clownfish to a store in the El Paso area & I also send him Reef Stew. Go to Reef City & More & I can ship Chato when he places an order.

Thanks, Bob,

It may take me a week or two to get down there after I move in, (starting a new job) but I will probably take you up on that.

I will have to check that store out.

Good luck to you and your family. Get a good pepperoni and hatch chili pizza for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to several issues, we are moving to Las Cruces, New Mexico on the 16th.

I am breaking down my big 210 and moving everything into my hospital tank for a couple weeks for the move. The rock is all in two barrels with pumps trying to keep it mostly alive.

The sad part is there is NO saltwater store within 2 hours drive. A couple in EL Paso Texas, and a few in Albuquerque (which is a 4-hour drive). I still have family up here, so I may drive back for a couple FRAG auctions when the need arrives, but I will mostly be a mail-order reefer from now on.

I will miss all my FRAG buddies, and the fin from the FRAG meetings! I may hit someone up to see if I can pay them to ship me some Chaeto once I get running again, that is the one thing I didn't think to "preserve" for the move.
WHAT? You just barely set that tank up...the tank barely cycled!

We will definitely miss you. Wish you the best with your relocation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WHAT? You just barely set that tank up...the tank barely cycled!

We will definitely miss you. Wish you the best with your relocation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Believe me, I know! It finished cycling in April of this year... it was starting to flourish, except for SPS (I have a brown thumb for SPS.)

I set it up, and cemented all the rock, assuming it would never move... but life has a sense of humor when you make plans like That!

It's all good! It's an exciting opportunity, and I have family down there... Just moving away from my Reefing family...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sorry to see you go, online shopping isnt bad but always nice to have that LFS you can go to just to browse, talk or for emergency items. Hopefully you get to come back to some meetings.

Good luck on your move hope you get your reef going again. Keep in mind that there are lots of good online places to order corals from, just sucks not being able to see them first hand.

Back