Good find in FL

Reefdiver77

Premium Member
I just returned tonight from 2 weeks on Okaloosa Island FL (Ft. Walton Beach area). I happened to see a billboard that said LR $3 a lb and that caught my eye. I had never been able to find a fish store with marine/reef supplies while in the area. I did some investigating and the Gulfarium on Okaloosa Island has their own aqua farm. (gulfariumaquafarm.com). It is really neat. I got a behind the scene tour and took several pictures. I ended up buying salt as well as numerous frags of acros and frogspawn, and lots of neon green, blue, purple and striped green mushrooms. All at $5 a frag. They had zoa frags for $5, as well, but I had all the colors they had. If any of you are in the area, be sure to stop in and see Chris and his crew. Their huge living sea tank is great. It has been up and going now for a year. They are fragging many of their corals from the corals in this tank. They are not shipping yet. I will be going back for Labor Day (to dive) and will buy LR and hopefully mora corals and salt. They also poke holes in bags of sand (several different types) and place it in the living reef tank so that it will be "living" when you get it. They are hoping to do a frag swap/conference at the Emerald Coast Convention Center across 98 from them, possibly next year. I have all my corals in my tanks now and they look great.

I was at the Gulf Aqua Farms last week. Talked to Jesse there about all their filtration, lighting, etc on the big tank. 48,000g he said. I took some camera phone pics of some of it. Pretty cool place. He said if I saw a coral that I wanted in the main tank, he would send a diver in to get it. Now thats service. :D

Back