Good Meeting this month!

Well since we've gone off topic about video games I'll chime in :)

I'm a wii guy myself, playing online with the games I have that you can play online with.... TONS of fun!

Hey, I got a Wii at release, but hardly play it, I'll have to PM you my friend code at some point.
What games do you have that you can multi play on, I don't even know what I have anymore, I hardly play it.

Tylt33 I would suggest looking in www.mmorpg.com and looking into your upcomming options on games, a lot will put WoW to shame.
Looking forward to pirates of the Burning Sea myself, and Ages of Conan.

I have a Wii too, but I hadn't played it since a week or so before Christmas last year, until a week or so ago when Guitar Hero 3 came out. I don't think that I'll ever play a mmorpg again; I don't have the time or the internet connection for it anymore. And besides, my WoW char is the bomb.

Well I've got a number of wii games but the majority will only play on my system or a system like it (non-stock) if you catch my drift....

I play a lot of Mario Strikers Charged online and some NBA live online as well. I have a number of other games that are online capable I just don't play them as much to be good enough to play online.

I have probably about 15-20 games ATM but only play about 5 consistently. I need to get guitar hero 3 but I have #2 for the PS2 so I'm hesistant to pick it up for the wii at the price it's at....

Zelda has been my favorite single player game as of yet. with the component cables and the high def tv it looks pretty darn good.

I have all the Guitar Hero games for the PS2, but decided to get the one for the Wii anyways. The thing is, they only sell it with the game and guitar package. So, I had to buy two packages to get the two guitars. $200 for a video games >.<

how is the guitar hero for the wii though? Been afraid to buy it, was kinda disappointed by having to yet again stick my controller in something to make it work.

Love the ingenuity behind the Wiimotes, but hate the dependency on them.

I think the dependancy on the wii motes comes from the technology aspect and people not really being able to replicate it affordably. I can't see why they couldn't have developed the controller to be cordless without the wiimote though. Luckily I got a charging dock for $5 from circuit city with a coupon so my wiimotes are always good to go.

I was just curious on if the guitar required movement, and that was why they needed to use it or what?

There is a little control panel on the guitar, and when you insert and connect the Wiimote, the guitar control becomes activated. The wiimote itself vibrates the guitar, and also it produces noises when you break a string and such. In terms of PS2 vs. Wii, the wii blows it away overall. If you have a PS3, you might as well get the PS3 version.

Keep in mind right now, if you want to play two player for the Wii you have to buy TWO packages!!! They don't sell the guitars individually yet, so you have to buy two entire Guitar +Game packages for almost $100 each. YIKES!

They sell the guitar seperate now, there is a les paul edition at Toys r us but it's like 50 bucks by itself.

Well I would say I would buy your extra game but they don't sell the guitar extra.... and if they did you wouldn't be in this situation...... anywho when the time comes that they have the guitar separate I might have to talk with ya about it ;-)

I saved the box in perfect condition... Best Buy is having an "extended return period" so that I can return it all the way until January 31st. So I'm looking at it like its a long term rental at this point :D

Back