Green hair mushroom

AZ14

Wondering if someone on here could point me in the right direction. My husband and I are new to Saltwater and just got out first green hairy mushroom. He seemed good for the first few days but now he's always closed or alot smaller in size then when we brought him home. I thought at first maybe he was digesting but now I'm unsure. If anyone has any idea what I should do or try please let me know! Thank you!

Attachments

• 16528949018502466490237242159227.jpg
    16528949018502466490237242159227.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to the site! Of course you're probably already tested your water and went through the cycling process; there is much good reading in the "sticky" posts at the top of this section of the forum.

My guess is there is likely a problem with your water, or chemical warfare from other inhabitants (if you have any). It is helpful to post your water chemistry readings ("parameters") including alkalinity, calcium and magnesium, and other details- temp., age of tank, kind and age of lighting, filtration, and so on. Mushrooms and close up for a number of days when irritated and then open, but often, it's a death spiral. Hopefully not in your case.

Yes, when I set it up we let it cycle for a month before putting anything it. Took water to out local fish store and they tested the water before we added any fish. Right now we a sail fin tang, two clowns and goby. The tank did have ick which we treated and let cycle for a month after treatment. The tank has been running for about 6 months. Last weekend we brought more water to be tested at the store along with our at home testing just to make sure we are getting close readings ( I will have to ask my husband on current numbers). Everything looked good after the treatment so we bought the mushroom in hopes the clowns would make it a home. This is our only coral because we have no experience with them. I just want to make sure I do everything right with this little guy.

Hello, any other corals in the tank? What did you treat the fish with when treating for ich?

Hello, we don't have any other corals. This is our first time and thought it best to have one at a time until I get more experienced. We used fritz coopersafe. Changed new carbon and 3 water changes with a month on filtrating before our fish store said it was safe to add him. We've had him for a total of 4 or 5 days now.

I will definitely try it. We water changed and cycle for month but it's always possible there's still some in there. Thank you again

Copper tends to bind to the rock and other substrates and leach back into the water.

We have a fluval flex 32 gallon tank. We don't have a sump. Do we need one to run the poly filter

Back