griss’ Battle with Cyano - all the Things I’ve Tried

Nice. I have no idea how old this Clarkii is. I bought the pair fully mature. When this one is gone, it will be replaced with a pair of Pink Skunks.
Well, I hope the skunks are docile for you. I don't know much about their temperament. I do know that maroon clownfish can be pretty nasty too.

I’m going back to the “marine snow” with MB 7 mixed in, plus keeping up water changes. We’ll see.

I’m going back to the “marine snow” with MB 7 mixed in, plus keeping up water changes. We’ll see.
I do not know if this will apply to your tank but I had the most trouble with cyano when I had seahorses. That is also the time that I did the biggest and most frequent water changes to keep pathogenic bacteria from getting a foothold in the tank. I am not making any suggestions, but merely sharing my experience.

I do think that using MB7 and marine snow is a good plan. Hopefully it moves the tank in the right direction.

I do not know if this will apply to your tank but I had the most trouble with cyano when I had seahorses. That is also the time that I did the biggest and most frequent water changes to keep pathogenic bacteria from getting a foothold in the tank. I am not making any suggestions, but merely sharing my experience.

I do think that using MB7 and marine snow is a good plan. Hopefully it moves the tank in the right direction.
I had cut back to WCs every other week and things were great for a long time. I think the combo of adding the pellet food and this clown suddenly deciding to rearrange the sand and rocks is the issue.

Back