griss’ Battle with Cyano - all the Things I’ve Tried

Thanks Dawn. Thinking back, I did make a change. I got some pellet food and have been adding that every other day to the frozen foods I feed daily. Might cut the pellets out and see what happens.
That sounds like a good plan. Those pellets are nutritious but also very high in nutrients. If it helps then maybe you could try feeding a little pellets just once a week?

That sounds like a good plan. Those pellets are nutritious but also very high in nutrients. If it helps then maybe you could try feeding a little pellets just once a week?
Yeah, I was just trying to add variety🤣. I alternate San Fran Bay Brand Mysis, Plankton, and Reef Plankton.

What might also be contributing is the A. Clarkii who has just recently decided the LTA doesn’t need sand around its foot🙄

Crazy clownfish,,,can't live with them and can't live without them!
No kidding Dawn. I wish I would have gone with Pink Skunks instead of Clarkii. The older Clarkii passed a while back. I don’t plan to add another.

No kidding Dawn. I wish I would have gone with Pink Skunks instead of Clarkii. The older Clarkii passed a while back. I don’t plan to add another.
I had a female tomato clown that was so mean, I would not put my hand in my 90 gallon tank without first putting a net between her and my hand!

I had a female tomato clown that was so mean, I would not put my hand in my 90 gallon tank without first putting a net between her and my hand!
🤣😂 I had a pair of Tomato clowns years ago that were like that, drew blood in a couple occassions.

Nice. I have no idea how old this Clarkii is. I bought the pair fully mature. When this one is gone, it will be replaced with a pair of Pink Skunks.
Well, I hope the skunks are docile for you. I don't know much about their temperament. I do know that maroon clownfish can be pretty nasty too.

I’m going back to the “marine snow” with MB 7 mixed in, plus keeping up water changes. We’ll see.

I’m going back to the “marine snow” with MB 7 mixed in, plus keeping up water changes. We’ll see.
I do not know if this will apply to your tank but I had the most trouble with cyano when I had seahorses. That is also the time that I did the biggest and most frequent water changes to keep pathogenic bacteria from getting a foothold in the tank. I am not making any suggestions, but merely sharing my experience.

I do think that using MB7 and marine snow is a good plan. Hopefully it moves the tank in the right direction.

I do not know if this will apply to your tank but I had the most trouble with cyano when I had seahorses. That is also the time that I did the biggest and most frequent water changes to keep pathogenic bacteria from getting a foothold in the tank. I am not making any suggestions, but merely sharing my experience.

I do think that using MB7 and marine snow is a good plan. Hopefully it moves the tank in the right direction.
I had cut back to WCs every other week and things were great for a long time. I think the combo of adding the pellet food and this clown suddenly deciding to rearrange the sand and rocks is the issue.

Back