Group buy in SE Oklahoma/NE Texas

white_queen

We aren't near an airport - over 2 hours from anything so if anyone else in the se corner of Oklahoma wants to join in with me let me know. I'm going to be placing an order next week. :)

Angela

Antlers, OK 74523

I'm Angela- emailed you last week. Super excited about it. Lady in Paris, TX is going to get some with me for a nano tank she's doing for seahorses.

Us middle-oh-no-wheres out here. :)

Yes you are....I am from Altus....also no-wheresville!

Talk to Deb in shipping she may be able to fed ex it overnight.....

sea ya

Funny thing about OK, you are either from three parts. Tulsa, OK City or NO-wheresville. My family is from the Tulsa area.

It looks so good - rescaped it all with a beautiful channel between the two islands and I have a very channel between. This round of rocks we have sea squirts, some very cool crabs (including a rather large and humorous looking decorator crab),and tons of macro algea. The coral rock you sent is perfect for my odd shaped back wall area where I wanted to encourage encrusting corals to take hold. I'm off to an amazing start with the coral colony you sent!! :)

I'll grab some pics off my phone too.

Angela
PS We heard a loud clicking/pop from one rock and could NOT find the source. I placed it near the base of the tower. Fingers crossed for a pistol shrimp. I removed a rather large gorilla crab from that same rock - would they make a popping sound at all? Or is that mostly the pistols (possibly mantis)?

Last edited:
Good job! Is not easy getting to you in tornado land! LOL.....if it pops...and you have not seen it....pistol shrimp...some are like 3/8....inch. But make a BIG pop!...cool critters....

Mystery shrimp

Mystery shrimp

Have seen this elusive, very fast shrimp out after lights out a couple times and finally snagged a pic. It's not great since you can't see the claws well but any idea what this guy might be? He is small.

Attachments

• 0715295C-ACA2-4DBF-8187-878E090FF8EC.jpg
    0715295C-ACA2-4DBF-8187-878E090FF8EC.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 5
Have seen this elusive, very fast shrimp out after lights out a couple times and finally snagged a pic. It's not great since you can't see the claws well but any idea what this guy might be? He is small.

It is an uncommon shrimp here.....have not seen one in years... innocuous...and they don't make any sounds...just hang out...;)

What is it called? I got a better pic last night I'll try to upload from my phone. It seems to have a body shape somewhat reminiscent of a camel shrimp in structure.

It's cute. It was buzzing around eating detritus off the rocks. Moves REALLY fast.

I've taken a few more pics of the various hitchhikers that have been seen on the rocks I'll have to upload for others to view. I even have a mantis tank now with one chunk of live rock, a bit of sand and the mantis shrimp that was hiding in one of our rocks- a gorgeous lime green color. Very cool guy.

We toss all the crabs we don't want in the main tank into the mantis tank. LOL!

Two-for-one special. My kids love him. :)

We have those porcelain crabs with the filter feeder antenea - at LEAST two of them and one rather large.

We've also found at least four decorator crabs which I absolutely love.

Two large red mithrax which have put the hurt on the algae for sure.

One of my rocks has a cool green coral of some kind and it's already growing. I see new polyps as it is expanding it's spot on the rock. And our sponges and sea squirts are still alive as well. I'll take pics now that it's getting settled and share in here.

Angela

We have those porcelain crabs with the filter feeder antenea - at LEAST two of them and one rather large.

We've also found at least four decorator crabs which I absolutely love.

Two large red mithrax which have put the hurt on the algae for sure.

One of my rocks has a cool green coral of some kind and it's already growing. I see new polyps as it is expanding it's spot on the rock. And our sponges and sea squirts are still alive as well. I'll take pics now that it's getting settled and share in here.

Angela

Welcome to real live rock.....!

Merry Christmas!

Back