Group Buy!

David P

Premium Member
Ok, who's in for a group buy? What do we want to buy? Refractometers, 50lb bags of carbon, reeflow dart pumps?

I'm looking for some PC bulbs, 12" long w/straight pins, I think there 34 watts.

Ken... a group buy means that several or even 2 people would want the item... LOL
Send me some info, what color, what quantity, let me see what I can find for you.

I guess I was suggesting maybe a light group buy, but hey, it's all about me!!! ;)

I'll pull one of the bulbs and let you know. I'm looking for 10k bulbs as they are all 03's now.

Another suggestion is anything from Paul (OceanMotions).

i would be interested in Activated carbon, phos reactor media, and calcium reactor medium, all in fairly large quantities as i am starting the new tank build.

Carl

I'd be interested in some frozen food including brine shrimp, bloodworms, mysis, and some cyclopeeze.

I actually just conducted a group buy over at NR for the same refractometers.

I would be able to get a decent price on refractometers with automatic temperature correction as well as 53.0 mS calibration fluid for the refractometers if anyone is interested.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9884058#post9884058 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by epicfish
I'd be interested in some frozen food including brine shrimp, bloodworms, mysis, and some cyclopeeze.

I actually just conducted a group buy over at NR for the same refractometers.

I would be able to get a decent price on refractometers with automatic temperature correction as well as 53.0 mS calibration fluid for the refractometers if anyone is interested.

Are you a member of MASLAC? If so whats your name (so I can associate the handle...) Actually this month we're going to have a presentation/roundable on making food for our aquariums. The disadvantages of brine shrimp, and bloodworms will me discussed as well.

Carlos, we did a group buy on 50lb bags of carbon a bit over a year ago, and it seems no one but me has used it all... I would be happy to look into it if more people show interest!

yeah i did the Carbon GB.. if you need some just post in the socal forum... as i dont think enough people need cardon in Socal anymore..

Actually, I just started in SW about two months ago, so no, not a member of MASLAC yet...

I've run a few businesses supplying FW supplies and one of my suppliers also happens to supply SW supplies too...that's why I'm able to get them a bit cheaper.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9884552#post9884552 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by epicfish
Double post.

Where did the previous posts go??

off to graveyards every one.... sorry heard that song today and its been stuck in my head....

wow good call on that 2partsoluion Ken, never seen that before. Ive made it myself in the past, but the calcium half was of questionable quality.... So far it sounds like food is going to be the winner... but we'll see.
I'd like to add to the list R/O filters both sediment and carbon... Hmm I wonder if anyone is ready for another group buy of DI resin yet?

I could use filters for my RO unit, but I still have resin.

Food also sounds great, I can always use that.

Check out Reef Tank Supply. He's selling his business and may give us a "group buy" on a variety of things. He's offered 20 percent on livestock so far.

What about Salt -- Tropic Marin?

How often you need to change the ro filter/resin. I just took my Zeovit offline, maybe we can get some probidio stuff?

Greg B.

i tried salt.. you need to buy multiple pallets to get better prices.. good luck with that

Back