Grow light

I wouldn't suggest a specific bulb, but 5-65k color temp-daylight works best for macros. Blue light favors micro algae.

Personally I like the LED bulbs. Look on Amazon for ones they have there. They can get pretty powerful but it depends on what you were planning.

I've actually got an LED bulb but it was surprisingly weak. How many watts do you suggest.

Michael Hoaster: 5-65K isn't blue though? Are you saying 5-65 instead of blue? Or go with blue for macro algae. I was under the impression macro did well under the kind of light that grows coral...but that's why I was asking to make sure.

5000-6500 is considered daylight-little to no blue. So yes, instead of blue. Micro algae, which I assume you don't want, can make better use of blue light, allowing it to access iron in the water. So, I was suggesting a daylight spectrum light, rather than a bluer one.

I was using a grow light, which is in the spectrum you suggested, but when it blew, lower claims it's seasonal and I've been unable to pick up another. Guess I'll go back to that light then.

Back