GSP spawned again

Limpit

Happy Reefer
Premium Member
Came in today from cleaning up all the snow we got today and to my surprise my Green Star Polyps were spawning. This is the second time that I have seen them do this (could have happened other times but I was not around). Last time I saw it was a few months ago.
Just thought I would share the occation with others.

spawn2-16-06.jpg

Is that another way they reproduse? Mine have always just encrusted ever further outward, I have nerve seen them release anything.

wow that's neat! if anyone has any gsp's that need a new home I'd let it be known that I'm looking for a little piece. I'd be interested in a small piece of xenia too, just to see if it would make it in my tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6762656#post6762656 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Devildogg9745
Is that another way they reproduse? Mine have always just encrusted ever further outward, I have nerve seen them release anything.
I believe that while they encrust to make the colony larger they also still spawn to distribute the species elsewhere.

Just an update the same colony spawned again today 3-3-06.
I am figuring that the cycle is every 15 days or so.
I also don't know why just this one colony will spawn and the others are not (at least that I have seen).

Back