Help with GSP living being

duckk

Hey! I got my gsp two days ago, it is still opening, yet I found in it a weird sponge-like orange particle in it. When I introduced my gsp I didn't see the "thing" but the first day I found it on my xenia, I blew it off thinking it was lifeless but later found it on my gsp. Since then, it hides inside the coral when I get close. Is it a parasite or something similar? What should I do? It is minimal, but I fear it is doing something to the gsp because it is taking too much time to open, I have only seen little fragments of it. Apart from that, the gsp came with what I believe is algae (as you can see in the picture) is it beneficial or is it harmful?

Attachments

• IMG_4465.jpeg
    IMG_4465.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
I can't tell from the photo; if it moves generally around the tank, that's one thing- it could be a flatworm, for example, and quite harmful. In any event, GSP can take several days to open when disturbed, even longer, so give it time. The algae could easily spread.

I can’t enlarge the pic enough to determine what it is either. But, based on description, I agree flatworm or nudibranch of some sort.

I have never seen it move around the tank, every time it appears it is in one of the two corals, and it hides from my fingers. It is way too small to be similar to the pictures that I can find about flatworms on google. I am new to marine aquariums, could it be something else?

I have never seen it move around the tank, every time it appears it is in one of the two corals, and it hides from my fingers. It is way too small to be similar to the pictures that I can find about flatworms on google. I am new to marine aquariums, could it be something else?
It could be something else. We would need a closer/more clear pic to be able to try to ID it.

If it is that small, consider siphoning it out with a turkey baster or similar and seeing if a clearer pic can be taken in a cup or similar. At this point I couldn’t be too sure

Back