Halides w/o chiller?

Next weekend I'm taking my spectra apart and replacing the T-5 sections with XHO reefbrites "¦ well, I'm going to try to at least. LOL

Yeah, keep us posted with the mod. Definitely interested in how it turns out. I've always like the Geisemann stuff, but not the T5's.

Tagging along. Thinking about replacing my T5s end of summer after the heat wave and go back to MHs and/or LED.

I did it for years but ran the AC in summer all the time. Had fans also. 3 x 250w over a 180. Temp hovered around 81.
I did stress over it at times though. Never was an issue though. Hit 83-84 at times, no problems. Just constant top off water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I can do halide/led, but I'm done with T5's. That would be too much heat. Unless those fixtures run cool (for halide/T5)?
I think Anthony (ycnibrc) was going back to halide/w Kessil's? Of course, he can hide those fixtures on the other side, I can't.
If the Geisemann had led strips, I would be onboard, maybe?

Spectra fits the Reefbrite XHO led strips on the side just like ATIs. so I have 2 those on every Spectra.

Spectra fits the Reefbrite XHO led strips on the side just like ATIs. so I have 2 those on every Spectra.

Yeah, I thought I saw pics with the xho's attached online somewhere. I'll probably use my Orphek bars and I might upgrade to the 3' blue sky version once I get my new canopy together. I would love two 24" spectras, but sourcing them is another story and they're not cheap. I'll probably stick with the Reef Brite halide reflectors w/o the xho's. Just need to figure out if two 175w will do the trick or two 250w? I'm going to go with 14k bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back