Hang on overflow

vultao1

I am looking for some feed back from people on hang on overflow boxes specifically the eshopp 1200 im looking to start up my reef tank again and am in the process of getting everything together but am at a road block should i drill the tank or should i go with the hang on does it work well or is it a pain? And i still need to find out if the tank is tempered glass i know the bottom is the sticker says tempered bottom do not drill but not sure about the sides.

I use them. I had to open up the slots with a drill press for it to properly flow, and not get stopped up so easily. I added 2 slots to the front also. You also have to keep the utubes pushed back or it does not flow properly. I think their flow is over rated. I would use the 1800 if I had to do it over. I have them on a 150g and a 90g

After having a tank with a hob overflow and tanks Ive drilled I would never do a hob again..

Thanks to all for your suggestions i decided to go with the eshopps overflow i checked the glass with polarized sunglasses and an lcd screen only the bottom was tempered so i drilled away thanks again to everyone

Back