Han's 100 gallon shallow reef

nguyentxd

so i just arranged my old 180 to be sold. Needed to downsize a lil since I just realize how small my tank to room ratio is. Im stoked about doing another tank eventhough it is smaller. Tried selling a few things but seems like no one is interested so i'll be keeping some old equipments.
Here are some specs

Tank: 48x24x20 rimless will be made out of 1" acrylic (homemade)
40 breeder sump
probally go with an internal pump for return
er cs 250 my old skimmer
Jim's koralin CAX and mp40
monitored by an aquacontroller jr.
phosban reactor
want to go with an ATI 6x54 powermodule eventually but will stick with the nova extreme temporarily

Plans:
less rock this time, seems like more rock=less flow and more cyano
I have done a smaller cube with 3/8" acrylic but after doing some research I think that I can go with 1" acrylic sheets and forego the brace.

a 4x8' 1" sheet will cost me $550 including all the cuts. However if want to have the edge routed then it is an additional $100 and $10 for the flame finish which is a must.
stand is roughly $80 in supplies

putting the tank together is gona be PITA, i only got one shot at it. I am still debating on the brace, i really like the rimless look but fear leakage.

alright
updates:
finally sold my tank
intstead going with acrylic I bite the bullet and ordered a rimless starphire 95 wide from GC (hopes its not that bad)
I can't find another rimless with starphire by any other builders that is cheap

In the meanwhile I just bought a 57 oceanic rimless illuminata from PCP
I am planning to use this tank for my lps collection since they like low flow
it will be plumbed to the 95 running of my cs 250 skimmer

I ditched the ATI PM fixture idea because of relative cost
I am going with a Aquactinics Constellation 7x54 fixture, it belong to that t5 exper Grimreefer. $600 shipped with almost new bulbs is not so bad.
pics coming soon.. :)

Back